GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:03:35 -0400
This is just ridiculous. What Jaiteh needs is a darn dictionary. This is the
same man/management that would tolerate people using the ‘a-word’. Several
people on this List have used that word and they were NOT summarily
‘delisted’. I hasten here to add that I am NOT advocating for the
‘delisting’ of anyone that uses that word either. To me LIES are more
offensive than the use of these words. Now, someone uses a relatively benign
word (albeit distasteful to some in List Management) and the next you know,
he is summarily ‘delisted’. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I
would like to reiterate to List Management that CENSORSHIP and DICTATORSHIP
does NOT work anywhere. Mboge CANNOT be gagged by these childish gimmicks;
Jaiteh sitting in a computer lab continents away, playing Dictator and
imagining putting people on the ‘chopping block’ CANNOT do it. More brutal
Dictators like Yaya have tried and failed to silence the people. List
Management should quit this nonsense and get a life.

At the very least, List Management should apply the ‘rules’ in a uniform
manner. Let Jaiteh explain to us how consistent one would be perceived if
one ignores the use of the ‘a-word’ from Yaya supporters, but ‘delist’ Mboge
for what Mboge said. List Management is acting like a typical Dictatorship
that moves the goalpost willy-nilly. They know that if we set out CONCRETE
‘rules’ that would be applied EQUITABLY, in no time I will get Jaiteh
‘delisted’. I will query his words, and unlike them, I will make sure that
my queries stick. This is no idle threat. If List Management tells us what
is acceptable and what is not and also tell us the mode of adjudication and
what would get someone ‘delisted’, Jaiteh would soon be ‘delisted’ or would
be relegated to hiding in the background and sending ridiculous one-liners.

I have no patience for these hypocritical moralizers. These are the very
people that sit around and watch someone’s dead parent’s name being dragged
in the mud. They sit and watch someone’s mom being falsely accused of the
most heinous crime in the Koran. And now they pounce on people for using
perfectly normal English words to aptly characterize a person or a
situation. To List Management vulgar LIES is more acceptable to distasteful
truth? Reminds me of a funny line I read the other day. Jaiteh should grab a
tequila and have a lap-dance now he is at the bachelor’s party. In other
words, loosen up. I beg the pardon of people that found the ‘definition’
repetitious. But you have to realize that nowadays on G_L you have to break
it down for the Jaitehs. Before the man takes offense at my mention of
alcoholic beverages and lap-dancers, I have to tell him in no uncertain
terms that I merely meant for him to loosen up and quit pretending. I do NOT
mean to insinuate that the GREAT and UPRIGHT Jaiteh would EVER want to drink
alcohol or be entertained by exotic dancers. It is pathetic what the
Dictatorship wants to reduce this List to. Geez! Can’t these people
understand simple English? Don’t they have children they can lord over at
home?

Karamba and Kabir, please reconsider your decision to ‘delist’. You do that,
the Dictatorship (List Management) wins. Let us ensure that they come
face-to-face with their deeds. Their conscience CANNOT be clear knowing that
they have allowed people to use more vulgar language while picking on Mboge.
Moreover, with the exception of Ya Soffie and Ndey Jobarteh, List Management
stood by and watch the most outrageous and vulgar LIES being perpetrated on
G_L. The biggest weapon against a Dictatorship with a conscience is constant
reminder of their despicable deeds.
KB