GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ylva Hernlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:46:03 -0800
>Email Alert from International Career Employment Weekly
>

>Education Job Announcement:
>
>Traveling Faculty in Cultural Anthropology
>
>International Honors Program on Global Ecology
>
>The International Honors Program in cooperation with Bard College seeks a
Ph.D.-level faculty or Ph.D. candidate in cultural anthropology with special
interest in ecology and environmental issues, for an 8-month program of
study and travel around the world September 2001 to May 2002. Itinerary to
include: England, Tanzania, India, the Philippines, Mexico, and the United
States. Faculty would be responsible for either a semester or both semesters
of the 8 credit course Cultural Anthropology. The course should introduce
basic anthropological concepts and show the relevance of using these
concepts to analyze current social and ecological problems. The program is
designed to be interdisciplinary and courses taught by other faculty include
Ecology, Ecosystems, & Conservation Biology; Issues in Development and
International Economics; Social Movements; and Science, Policy, & Place.
Expertise/field experience in one or more of these countries is preferred,
but not essential. Preferen!
>ce will be given to candidates with teaching experience who have traveled
extensively and/or lived in another culture for an extended period as well
as leading field-based courses. Class size is 30 students with undergraduate
level course work. There are 3-4 faculty members in each country plus local
experts. Faculty live with host families in most countries. More information
about IHP is available through our Web Site: www.ihp.edu
<http://www.ihp.edu> . Electronic versions of all application materials are
preferred. Please send a letter of interest, along with vita and names of 3
academic references, to: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

>Education Job Announcement:
>
>Traveling Faculty in International Economics
>
>International Honors Program on Global Ecology
>
>The International Honors Program in cooperation with Bard College seeks a
Ph.D.-level faculty or Ph.D. candidate with special interest in
international development and economic issues for an 8-month program of
study and travel around the world September 2001 to May 2002. Itinerary to
include: England, Tanzania, India, the Philippines, Mexico, and the United
States. Faculty would be responsible for either a semester or both semesters
of the 8 credit course Issues in Development and International Economics
with themes covering economic development, monetary and international trade
agreements, liberalization of the world economy, and related issues like
international financial markets, debt relief, structural adjustment
programs, food security, property rights, and ecological economics. The
program is designed to be interdisciplinary and courses taught by other
faculty include Cultural Anthropology; Ecology, Ecosystems & Conservation
Biology; Social Movements; and Science, Policy!
>, & Place. Expertise/field experience in one or more of these countries is
preferred, but not essential. Preference will be given to candidates with
teaching experience who have traveled extensively and/or lived in another
culture for an extended period as well as leading field-based courses. Class
size is 30 students with undergraduate level course work. There are 3-4
faculty members in each country plus local experts. Faculty live with host
families in most countries. More information about IHP is available through
our Web Site: www.ihp.edu <http://www.ihp.edu> . Electronic versions of all
application materials are preferred. Please send a letter of interest, along
with vita and names of 3 academic references, to: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

>Education Job Announcement:
>
>Traveling Faculty in Ecology
>
>International Honors Program on Global Ecology
>

>The International Honors Program in cooperation with Bard College seeks a
Ph.D.-level faculty or Ph.D. candidate in ecology with special interest in
applied ecology and environmental issues, for an 8-month program of study
and travel around the world September 2001 to May 2002. Itinerary to
include: England, Tanzania, India, the Philippines, Mexico, and the United
States. Faculty would be responsible for either a semester or both semesters
of the 8 credit course Ecology, Ecosystems & Conservation Biology with
themes covering ecosystem structure and function, conservation biology,
ecosystem management, agroecology, restoration ecology, and related topics.
The program is designed to be interdisciplinary and courses taught by other
faculty include Cultural Anthropology; Issues in Development and
International Economics; Social Movements; and Science, Policy, & Place.
Expertise/field experience in one or more of these countries is preferred,
but not essential. Preference will be g!
>iven to candidates with teaching experience who have traveled extensively
and/or lived in another culture for an extended period as well as leading
field-based courses. Class size is 30 students with undergraduate level
course work. There are 3-4 faculty members in each country plus local
experts. Faculty live with host families in most countries. More information
about IHP is available through our Web Site: www.ihp.edu
<http://www.ihp.edu> . Electronic versions of all application materials are
preferred. Please send a letter of interest, along with vita and names of 3
academic references, to: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

>******
>If you need to update your email address or no longer wish to receive email
alerts you may contact us at: ICEW, by email at:
[log in to unmask] (do not apply for position at this address).
For more information and additional job openings you may visit our website
at: www.internationaljobs.org