GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Sylva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:06:29 -0500
Yus,

Thanks for the Biri article. It sure does bring back memories for many
of us, Football Players and fans. Biri was one of a kind, on and off the
field as Joe, Maila, Asbjorn, Malik and yourself have already stated.
A lot can be written on our sports legends in the earlier years. I would
be nice to have some documentary in place. One way to achieve this
is to have some sort of a reunion were all these folks are invited and
have them narrate their past experiences be Football, Basketball,
Volleyball, and Track and Field.

Since we did not have the sponsors and support that these folks needed
to further their talents at the professional and international level, and to
safe-guard their performances in those days, due to our poor mismanagements,
favoritisms, lack of funding from our leaders; they sure would really
appreciate
anything that is put together in their honor.

I was a big BOX Bar and REAL fan. Can't forget those days!

Thanks a bunch guys!

Peace
King Solomon