GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:16:46 -0400
Sister Jabou
We normally agree on many issues but there is always an exception. Maybe this on
is just misunderstood. First and foremost, many cannot travel or have the
opportunity to go and see these sites due to costs involved or age and secondly
these tombs are already there, no one is building them newly. I can go on with
certain examples like taking pictures of live humans or listening to music, which
can be exaggerated by some whose interpretations are taken literally without
taking into account the present world conditions. There was no internet during the
time of the prophets (peace be upon them) nor were there cars or airplanes so is
it haram to fly in a plane or use a mechanical knife vs manual one to slaughter
for halal consumption???
Lets be real and be up to date . Islam fits in well with all forms of upgrades
including looking at pictures of tombs in the internet

end

BTW
do you know any Gambian in Little Rock ,Ak.??
or close by in the same state??
thanks
Habib