GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:38:13 -0700
KB,

I hope we can all cool it on this one. In my opinion,
the whole issue has been blown out of proportions.
Colly was adressing an issue I raised about his Fifth
submission on the coup when he talked about the
Halifa/Darbo meeting, and the two "funny" fellows and
their little hypocritical game. My sense of what he
said, (and having re-read the post again,) is that he
was trying to hilight the "Good Cop - Bad Cop"
divisive games that closet Jammeh supporters use to
pit one opposition group against the other. It's
easier to hide one's support for Yaya by encouraging
or exaggerating  differences between opposition
groups. This is a no brainer. Which is why I was
really surprised by the reception from Pdois.

I met Jamila last year at the ALD, and she struck me
as a very sincere person in her determination to see
an uplifted Africa (not just Gambia.) Her
contributions on and off this List has only cemented
my initial positive view of her. I consider her a
sister. Though I wish she hadn't re-ignited this one,
I'm sure we're all better off to let it go. Mr.
Sallah, Colly, and Sister Jamila are all on the same
boat! It's the two-faced Jammeh undercover -Agent
Provocatuers- that we need to worry about. Have you
noticed how funny characters are popping up all over
the place, and never passing up an opportunity to cast
aspersions at Jammeh's opponents? They figure if they
can make people believe that Jammeh Critic Pateh is a
liar, then no one will take what he says seriously.
It's a conscious attempt to undercut some of us'
credibility. Visit Jammeh's site and read some of the
comments, and insinuations they make about us there.
They've declared a war on us, and we'll be seeing many
more wolves-in-sheep clothing. You just watch.

Good evening.

Saul.