GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Sylva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:48:11 -0500
Thanks for the info Yus, and MB. Yes, some of these businesses will be charging
customers to view these games, even though it may not cost them much to downlink
the closed-captioned transition for the whole event.

One thing for us the African soccer fans is to spread the word via e-mail, and word of
mouth, to as many people as possible, and ask them to call or e-mail their cable or satellite
companies and make a petition (NICELY!!) that there are many interested persons who
will pay for the pay-per-view Soccer event from Africa. It would much better if you can
watch the matches at home on a comfy seat in your leaving room.

Last year, DirecTV had scheduled to carry the games but due to some last minute technical
reasons, they were not able to carry it, they said.

If the local bars and restaurants can carry it, there is no technical thought that the cable
and satellite companies can carry it too.

We just have to let them know that we are interested.

Pass the word out people!

Peace
King Solomon

From: "Y C Jow" <[log in to unmask]>