GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Morro Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:59:24 -0500
I receive the message bellow from a friend to forward it to the list.
See what type of people constitute APRC. A useful information for Mr. Dibba.
Expose this man to the people of central Badibou please.
Morro.

The information below is culled from The Point, Tuesday, February 27, 2001.

           Saihou Saho to Face Lamin Dibba

 Reports reaching The point newspaper have indicated that Mr. Saikou Saho
has been nominated as APRC candidate in the by-election for the Badibou
central seat, left vacant by the demise of late Abdou Karamba Gassama. Mr.
Saho is sai
d to have been a former employee of the (GPTC). He traveled to
Europe and came back. He was a member of the defunct July 22nd movement.

For the essence of clarification and in the interest of a better Gambia, it
is my profound duty to tell the world who this Saikou Saho is.
Saikou Saho a native of Badibou Salikenyi has been in Germany between 1977
and 1982.  He was then deported to The Gambia towards the end of 1982 after
serving a three years prison sentence for drug trafficking and band for ten
years to re-enter Germany. He was not only a dealer but a drug addict as
well.
On his arrival in the Gambia, the Saho family came to his aid by providing
him employment as a Bus conductor in Lamin Nafa Saho`s Bus company.
The history of those Buses was no hiden secret in the Gambia, cause there is
a strong evident that the Buses were a donation to the Gambia
School
children, on who`s behalf a plead was made, but Dr. Saho later converted
this Buses to his private property by.
I have ample evidence on this matter and I will not hesitate to share it
with concerned Gambians, if Dr. Saho continued his purpet attitude by
distabilising the good social atmosphare existing in Salikenyi.
Saikou`s service was terminated by Dr. Saho just four months after his
employment. The reason was because Dr. Saho discovered that Saikou has
serious drug problem and need rehabilitation.
The Saho family then did everything possible to rehabilitate Saikou without
success.
Later, Saihou was employed by the (GPTC) as a bus conductor and was put on
Banjul-Dakar service. I assume that the (GPTC) didn`t know about his drug
problem. But when he was caught in possession of drugs which he intend to
sell while on duty , he was summarily dismissed. After roaming the streets
of Banjul and Serrekunda fo
r about a year and a half with no source of
income to support his drug habit and the fact that his natives in the
greater Banjul abandoned him; he went back to his native village, Salikenyi.
According to reliable sources Saikou still deals and consumes drug.
No sane man will trust such a person the responsibility of manning a
compound let alone a constituency.
I have no problem with Saikou Saho personally, but I have a problem with his
candidacy.As much as I blame Saikou for seizing the oppotunity to run for
such a high office in our country, the APRC executive bears a great burden
of the blame for their misjudgement. The selection of this man as APRC
candidate for by-elections in central Badibou is a serious mistake and it
further shows how APRC underrates the intelligence of our people. It Further
reveals that APRC is only interested to increase their number of
parlimentarians in the house of parliament without regards for quality of