GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin B Jammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:52:24 EST
am sure guys like Adou Sey will not be surprised to see me comment on this
issue of Gambian footballers in the 20th century.This is a great thinking as
it will really reflect our minds on people who have done good to the country
as far as football is concerned.

WE must pay tribute to these players especially the little i coul remember
because i really was very young when most of these people were giving their
services to the nation  expecting very little or none in return.

Despite the fact that i was young when these people were playing for the
gambia,i still could remember about them because of how good and dedicated
they were to the course of our nation.We therefore owe them a very big
thankyou for their services to the nation in the century that we are about to
leave.So may i say to all those great players some of whom have already been
mentioned in the pieces posted to the list THANKYOU A MILLION TIMES WE
APPRECIATE YOUR DEEDS!
May God bless you all together with the administrators then and now for
keeping the most intertaining sport in the name of football alive the Gambia.

Good day!

Lamin B Jammeh