GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mori K. Jammeh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 07:42:25 -0600
The story below was culled from Wednesday's daily Observer of the Gambia.It
appeared following a press briefing by the SOS Youth and sports Yankuba
Touray.

SOS Touray dismissed recent accusations surrounding the death of Koro Ceesay
made on the internet by the formrer AFPRC spokesman Ebou Jallow. "They are
blatant lies. You know, there are a lot of Gambians in the US who have done
a great deal of injustice to this country and are bent on tarnishing the
image of the country and also fostering instability. They intend to use Ebou
Jallow to achieve their diabolical wishes for The Gambia."

He said the government has done "enough" in its investigations on Koro’s
death.

"We went up to the radio to tell the public to bring information to enable
the police continue their investigations, but the police could go no further
because they did not receive any information from the public," argued Mr
Touray.

ON EBOU JALLOW

"We all know the problem of Ebou Jallow, he was part of the regime, why is
he a fugitive and why has he waited four to six years to make such
accusations?" Mr touray queried.

He argued that people should not believe Ebou Jallow’s claims because "he is
a thief who has robbed the country of more than three million dollars."

Mr Touray alleged that when the President visited America two months ago,
Ebou Jallow wanted to personally see the president but the president refused
to see him. "It was after this snub that he started speaking his lies."

Asked whether he knows what Ebou Jallow wanted to see the president for, Mr
Touray said, "he wants to come back, but who told him not to come back? He
fears to face the courts."

He explained that the president refused to see Ebou Jallow because "he
betrayed the nation and so does not deserve an audience with our president.
How would Gambians have interpreted President Jammeh meeting a traitor like
Ebou Jallow?" he asked rhetorically.

MY OPINION
  In my opinion  the issue is not Ebou Jallow but it is the death of a
  statesman who aws brutally murdered without the culprits being brought to
justice.This issue can never be swept under the rug one day truth must be
known whether the culprits like it or not.Gambians have the right to the
truth and no amount of accusations of Gambians in America can avert the
unveiling of that truth.

Mori Kebba Jammeh