GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:35:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/01 5:09:18 PM GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> The government having decided that prosecuting those found were incriminated
> in the commission of enquiry report of the April 10 and 11 incident will not
> help the healing process, what do you expect us to do.

"Jobe",
Do you see why i call despicable your attempts to downplay the murder of the
innocent school children? Here you are admitting to accept the gov't verdict
on the April Massacres. Yet this was what i had been pressing you to answer
all along. But you foolishly went on about this mumbo-jumbo, creating a silly
non-existent story of being nearby when the students were being butchered.
Frankly, your sophistry and hypocrisy is now bordering on the nauseating.

We know you were with Jammeh when he was giving the orders for the butchering
of the students. Is this not the reason why you are hell-bent on downplaying
the unprecedented nature of this heinous crime against the Gambian peoples?
The fact that your hand is stained with the blood of children as young as
three, must be pricking your conscience of late. But you still want to pull
bullshit anytime you are reminded of this heinous crime by posturing as
someone who feels the pain of the forlorn mothers, brothers, sisters, fathers
and the rest of the extended folks of the fallen ones. Do you see why i get
sickened to the pits of my stomach when i read your posturing and the garbage
that comes from you recently. I repeat: place your children in the same
situation as the fallen ones of April 10 and 11 2000 and tell me as a parent
if you agree with the gov't that justice has been dispensed when they refused
to prosecuted those indicted by the Commission and the Coroner? Besides, cut
the bullshit! How on earth can you claim that what the gov't had done in
refusing to prosecute those responsible for these heinous crimes has gone
down well to the effect that it is reconciling the Gambian peoples?

 Seems you are afflicted with what i shall call a nutcase intransigence. The
more we show why we have criminals holding our country hostage, the more you
shift the goal post and befog issues with silly and weird stuff. You are
advised to rethink your shabby mission. You shall fail miserably.
Hamjatta Kanteh