GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"EssaHBSCode241." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:36:07 -0800
GambiaL Management,
                                 Please allow me and team to express the following words on line(openly for your records).A team of Gambians home and abroad have completed their findings on very important subjects that do affect our people back home. It'd there4 be using news papers,internet fora and other outlets to dessiminate this info for public consumption and (judgement).Any of these would be articles will not include inflammatory language,harsh and abusive verbs or adjectives or any form of personal attacks.However, they will be based on findings that WILL BE OF INTEREST TO THE GAMBIAN PEOPLE. Some evidences will bear the signatures,photos,and complete necessary details regarding the people concerned or those involved in such dubious activities. Likewise,every  article when posted will bear the full name,signature(if doable on line and) and contact emails etc of the authors or author.The latter will then exempt the GambiaL from any libellous charges from The Gambia Gvt,Yahya
 Jammeh or any person affected therein. There exists a difference of political opinion between the current president and some people therefore in order for democracy to prevail these voices must say what they feel like saying right on the spot with their names etc attached.This cannot exist under Jammeh so using the essence of staying away in peace by being protected by other democracies should not be wasted on personal achievements.Readers are also being informed that when this team is ready to share information it will not entertain side "swipes" here and there thus reduce the essence of our intensions to unwarranted petty quarrels from other corners.We will be as decent and as responsible as possible when presenting our facts.Therefore we are not interested in side kicks here and there we are after Yahya  and thats our main goal period.He has to respect the rule of law at all cost. The current Gambia Gvt officials are also being invited to debunk,question,analyse etc anything
 being posted here.We have been fully informed that almost every cabinet member is on line as far as our today's records show. Therefore we do expect responsible reactions from them if they so wish.These very articles,evidences etc will also be dessiminated to other places as soon as released on this forum.This is only one outlet amongst the others being used.
Please see this email from me as something representing ideas of  Conerned Gambians both home and abroad.The Gambia Gvt is also being warned VERY SERIOUSLY !!! not to start arresting people at night because of excessive paranoia!
 Any person or organ that sends something on line will append his or her name,adress,signature therefore if The Gvt finds anything libellous let them resort to court not night arrest as usual. This email is no bluff or one of those usual open calls as they are called in State House. Now that the commission of enquiry has wrapped up for the second time without us seeing Yahya Jammeh himself there declaring his assets our team will help HIM declare them.
There is  no way that the Gvt in place can fulfill a decent commission of enquiry without Yahya himself facing it.Italy's PM is currently facing the courts why not Yahya? There are people who served under Yahya before who would be very glad to face a fair(without intimidation,fear of persecution and loitering killers).Yahyais cordially invited to face any  commission of enquiry with such people in all honesty. Arresting district chiefs and sending insults to those being blindly accused of stealing Ramadan rice and oil is not the issue, the issue is that Yahya himself faces the commission.Let the commission also be composed of more independent judges. That is the way The world bank,imf and other Western Gvts can be convinced.This commission was based on false pretense and we will expose all we know about Yahya before visiting our graves God willing!
I the sender do not care about praises or being called a person who changed to go against where I have served before.I am not the first to leave a regime therefore criticise after neither will I ever be the last. So am ready for any reactions from the Gvt under Yahya because now is the time for us to leave 'some' history for the future generations to see.Corruption caused by fear itself becomes worse than the economic part of it.
Yahya has risen above criticism as a result of that,he thinks he  is a DANGEROUS PERSON,making him think that he is a  demi God in Banjul.That being the case,if anyone says such open statements against him Yahya, it becomes unusual and in some case extremists call the person/ people who did so sick or insane. Now that Yahya has reached this dangerous path in his life, it is old friends,close relatives and others who care less about his money and position who can tell him to look back and stop!
We will certainly never be carried away by the latest attempts from Banjul thus think things are getting better.No,The Gambia is boiling within and this has to be said.It is our collective responsibility to sayso,be we people who served under Yahya before and those there now.Citizenship is what matters not officious flowery language. There is no way that one can refuse having been along the long line of this sad history but at least one can help cut the losses short.
Good Night  we will be coming back here and in other places,no doubts about that God willing!

Essa Bokarr Sey.