GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:05:23 -0500
Jaiteh, I agree with you. See, what you call ‘flaming’, I do NOT regard it
as such. If you check the archives you will realize that I NEVER call people
morons unless they do ‘something particularly stupid’ (definition of moron
in the dictionary I use). Rather than saying that someone is a ‘contemptible
person’. I prefer to use ‘vermin’ which is obviously shorter and a logical
choice for me considering the time constraints. I guarantee you that every
single word I have used here has been used appropriately. I frankly do NOT
understand where people come from with all the complaints about my choice of
words.

I think that rather than the choice of words, a more apt complaint would
have attacked the substance of what I said. Whether I describe someone as a
particularly stupid person or call him a moron, what is more important is
the reason behind the characterization; NOT whether I preferred to use one
word instead of three words to describe the same thing.
KB