GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:38:31 +0000
Gassa

You wrote

"I have said it here many times before that I hold
some of the so called victims responsible"

Perhaps you  should explain in detail the meaning of
this bizzarre statement. Are you saying you hold the
Late Koro Sisay(R.I.P)  responsible for his OWN death.
Are you also saying that you  hold the victims of the
April 9/10 Massarce responsible for their own death?
Maybe, it would better if you single out ONE victim
that you regard responsible for his own woes and
explain Why?

We all admit that APRC has done a lot in terms of
development projects, but this cannot be equated with
its present Human Rights Record. This is certainly an
issue which you will not accept. Perhaps, the
situation would be different, if you become a victim
of APRC's Human Rights Record.  By the way, I am so
puzzled about your latest posting on the Ombudsman
Report, here I shall stay mute until the report is
published for public consumption. From my observation,
this Ombudsman Report will do little to solve the
gross dismissal of public servants, SINCE such
dismissals are normally made acting upon directives
from the Office of the President. According to the
Ombudsman Act, the Ombudsman cannot investigate into
any act of maladminstration committed by the
President. So the situation is this if you were
supposed to be sacked By President Jammeh or by Gamtel
acting upon orders received by the President, then
this business of resorting to the Ombudsman is
fruitless.

Gassa

With regards to your claim of internet sites at
Government, I still maintain my stance, there are very
very few government departments that can claim access
to such facility. By the way, if a Government
Department cannot claim access to a photocopying
machine, then surely an internet access is just a
luxury.  Coming to your comments on the Immigration
Department; lets no joke about the state of the office
equipment at the Immigration Department; no lighting,
poor office furniture, un-hygienic Lavatory, sums up
the whole situation at Leman Street. If Yahya Jammeh
is higly acclaimed for dshing Pajeros, Etc, etc, then
surely the Immigration Department is need of these so
called gifts.