GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:02:11 EDT
Thanks Seedy. We must keep our eyes open, and the people on the ground must
do the same by all means. The more that is documented the better, and I will
check the Independent and Point papers more regularly.
This resistance you speak of is inevitable because people can only take so
much, and infact, if these goons meet resistance from the people, then they
will themselves start to do a retrospective and wonder if it is worth it.
After all, these guys are just people and not people of any substance infact,
because if they were, they would not lend themselves manipulation  by Jammeh
and his gang so that they end up being the dispensers of their dirty work. If
anyone thinks they can subjugate a people forever without resistance, they
are not very intelligent at all. History has shown that even the most
oppressive of circumstances in the World were finally met by the resistance
of people who had enough. As sister Ndey Jobarteh says, "the struggle
continues" and I will add that Yaya Jammeh and his cohorts  will be the
loosers rather than the Gambian people as circumstances are already begining
to tell.
I think that the journalists of integrity in The Gambia as well as the people
should also start to be vigilant as far as the "blood diamond" trade is
conserned. All Gambians should be on the lookout for anyone who comes in on a
regular basis to purchase these diamonds, and if they can gather some
evidence, do so and let us turn this information in to the United nations.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 6/8/2001 12:53:36 AM Central Daylight Time,