GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ahmad Scattred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 00:28:26 -0500
Abdou Karim Savage Fired?

Daily Observer

January 31, 2001
Posted to the web January 31, 2001

Banjul

The senior state counsel at the department ofjusticve and registrar of
companies, Abdou Karim Savage, has had his services terminated effective
Friday, January 26, judicial sources told Daily Observer.

Sources close to the Attorney General's Chambers said Mr. Savage's
termination letter was signed by the solicitor general and legal secretary,
Raymond Sock.

When I visited Mr. Savage's office behind the Attorney General's Chambers
complex at 10am yesterday, he was found clearing his files and taking some
of them to other offices.

He declined to talk to me on the grounds that the authorities are in a
better position to explain.

Efforts to talk to the information desk officer at the Justice department,
Edrissa Sissho, bore nought.

Copyright © 2001 Daily Observer. Distributed by allAfrica.com. For
information about the content or for permission to redistribute, publish or
use for broadcast, contact the publisher.