GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:50:27 -0700
Brother Karamba and LatJor ( + fund raising committee members)
Thanks for your efforts.
I am pleased to see that Latjor and you have a list for accountability.
I urge others who have not yet sent money to do so .
Remember this money is not intended for any other use except to help the victims
and families involved.

May I suggest for the rest of the community to donate to this cause but specify
what they would want their donations be used for.
this way there will be more money
Classifications  can be
Examples on

LEGAL  EXPENSE
FUNERAL EXPENSE
FOOD & SHELTER
SCHOOL FEES
NON POLITICAL
FAMILY SUPPORT
MEDICAL EXPENSE
ADMINISTRATIVE
GENERAL USE

Some may want to donate to help in say medical  or funeral expenses and still be
within the Government, be in the opposition, or just plain neutral help on a
humanitarian basis.

I am sure this approach would bring in more cash from even non Gambians who are
sympathetic to the young Gambians who lost their lives recently.

Again , this is just a suggestion that has proven successful in our fund raising
activities at the Mosque. Some give to Zakat, some to general/utilities expenses
,some for funeral expenses and some even towards a home to be built for the Imam

by doing it this way everyone felt they contributed to the cause they want to
donate to most.

I hope that no one would feel offended by this posting as this method includes
all concerned human beings who will help for specific causes regardless of
political affiliations, religion or creed.

Habib Diab Ghanim, SR.