GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 14:32:33 -0000
Harona,

You wrote:
"Koto Saul, you make me believe even further that oppressed people can also
have oppressive tendencies only if given the chance."

What a load of crap! Where is that coming from? How did I try to "oppress
you?" Either you don't understand simple English, or you're one of the most
phony characters I've ever come across. What I've demonstrated in my piece
is the hypocrisy inherent in your position. Ironically, you have YOURSELF
admitted exactly what I pointed out: "In my book, there's nothing like being
100% neutral..." Correction Boy, "there's no such thing as neutrality when
it comes to characters like Yaya Jammeh." But in any case, are you
"oppressing yourself" now that you've voluntarily admitted what I said on
Friday?

The gist of my point is the "question of integrity." I guess you don't know
much about that hence your shameless attempt at twisting what I said. My
point was, and REMAINS, that: It's ok to say that I don't feel comfortable
revealing my sentiments regarding the APRC on a public forum because of my
job, family connections, security, etc. But, it's not ok to say I'm
"neutral" because that's a LIE! THERE IS NOTHING OK ABOUT A LIE! What you
believe, or who you support is YOUR BUSINESS. I simple couldn't care less.
But, when you come to this forum and pee, and turn around and tell us that
it's raining, you've got yourself in a mess, because someone is bound to
point it out. So, take an advice Mr.: Learn to muster the courage to be
TRUTHFUL in whatever you do. Be honest with yourself. If you're true to
yourself, even if people disagree with you, they'll respect you. I'll have
more respect for Harona Drammeh if you would have come here and stated
bluntly that it's nobody's business what you think of the APRC, or any other
party. That's your prerogative. I respect Kebba Jobe Daddy Nying, not
because I agree with what he has to say, but because he has the COURAGE to
state his true feelings regardless of the ill-will that's bound to generate.
So, take a lesson from Kebba Jobe. Until then, you'll not get any respect
here because anyone with a modicum of commonsense can see that "this emperor
has no clothes on!" If you're going to be a hypocrite, at least have the
courage to admit it like Kebba Jobe. Pretending otherwise is double
hypocrisy!

Good morning.
Saul.

PS: One more thing Harona: If you want to be a Salesman of BullShit, know
what doors to knock on! You HAVE TO BE a retard to even try selling me
garbage. I simply don't have much patience for any such nonsense, so find
another client! If you throw me your crap, I'll choke you with it. Just
try...

S.