GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 01:26:21 +0100
Assalamu alaikum G-L
Alhamdullila, "ALLAHU AKBARR" (God! is great)

In the name of God,Kind and most Merciful.
"Lo! Allah and His angels Shower blessing on the Prophet.
O ye who believe! Ask blessing on him and Salute him with
a worthy Salutation".

O Lord! Bestow Your greetings on our Prophet Muhammad,
who opened what was shut,who ended what preceded him,
who has set equity by justice,who leaded humanity to Your
upright road,also to his family,greetings worthy of his merit
and of his high value.

Eleventh argument: from the fact that Muhammad is the latest of
prophets, he is necessarily their superior,because it is unusual that
a less deserving succeeds to a more deserving.

Twelvth argument: the scale of the prophets, merit is established on
the basis of the number of prodigies they have performed, which
prooves their sincerity and settles the honours owed to them.
In that meaning,our Prophet has been able to performed such a
number of prodigies as to be ranked on top of the three thousand
prophets at least. These prodigies are of different kinds:
some consist in satiating a great number of beings with a small
quantity of food,in quenching their thirst with some water.
Other else are intimately connected with the Prophet`s person itself,
who is descended from the most noble lineage of the Arabs.

In another respect, our prophet was most courageous, they recount
his exploits of arms at the battle delivered by Ali(R.A) the companion

of the Prophet,to Amrou ben Abd-Ouid.

Mohammad asked Ali:"How did you feel Ali?He replied I felt very
fine,
I had the feeling that I could brave all the people of Medine!...So,get
yourself ready, Ali,because in that city,a man will revolt against you
and will deliver a terrible attack to you". There are also other
wonders
concerning the Prophet`s good education,his devotion,the books of
"Hadith" are full of those numberless prodigies and their details.

Thirteenth argument: Muhammad (greeting be to him) has said:
"Adam and the rest will fall in under my banner on the day of the
resurrection,which prooves that Muhammad is above Adam and all
his sons". The Prophet also said:"Without any pretention at all,I am
the best of all the sons of Adam". He said also:"Among the prophets,
I shall be the first one to trample down the grass of heaven; before
the others,my people too will be the first to trample it". Anas has
related that the Prophet declared:"I shall be the first to ressuscitate
on the day of resurrection,I shall be the orator at the time when the
risen from dead shall have gathered,and their Savior when they shall

have lost hope, I behold the banner of God`s blessing and I am His
best servant among all the children of Adam,with no pretention".

As for him,Ibn Abbas relates that some of the companions were
exchanging remarks on account of the messengers of God!.
One of them said:"It is paradoxical that God took Abraham for
companion",the second one said:"Notting is more wonderful than to
see God! speaking to Moses",the third one said:"Jesus is the spirit
of God" the fourth one said:"Adam was chosen by God to be the
father of all men". Having heard their remarks,Muhammad(S) turned
his companions and said:"I heard your remarks and your
arguments.
It is true indeed that Abraham is the companion of God,that Moses
heard the word of God,that Jesus is the spirit of God,and that Adam
was chosen by God,but it is equally true that I am the friend and the
favourite of God,and this is without pretention. I shall hold the banner
of the blessing on the day of resurrection, without pretention,and I
shall be the first to bequest God`s forgiveness to mankind,also
without pretention.And I shall be the first to open the gates of
heaven,and to make my way in,accompanied by the humble among
the Faithful and this too without pretention. And I am the most
generous of alll beings,all without pretention.

Fourteenth argument: El.Baiha who, on account of the merits of the
Prophet`s companions, has related that Ali Ibn Abi Taleb,having
appeared at a distance, Muhammad (greeting be to him) said:
"Here commes the Lord of Arabs" at which,Aisha,(R:A) the
Prophet`s wife,replied:"Aren`t you the Lord of the Arabs?",to what
Muhammad said:"I am the Lord of God`s creatures and he is (Ali)
 the Lord of Arabs",this ,once more,prooves that Muhammad is
above all prophets (greeting be to them).

Fifteenth argument: Moujahed tells that Ibn Abbas said that the
Prophet
(may the blessings of God be on him) asserted that he has been
granted
by God five privileges never beholded before by others preceding
him,and he counted up the following priviledges: I am sent by God to
 all the inhabitants of earth without any distinction of colour,whereas
the prophets ahead of me are commissionned to their own peoples;
the whole earth was offered to me as a land of predilection; God
withstanded me by startling my enemy wherever I go; he provided
me the free disposal of the spoils which were forbiden fruit for my
predecessors,and finally I behold the pardon of God! which I keep
as a privilege to those among my people who wouldn`t have casted
slur on the divine unity. Beholding all these privileges,it is clear that
God! has granted him more merits than the others.

                        TO BE CONTINUED

 "Massalam" (peace be with you all)

"Lo! Allah and His angels Shower blessing on the Prophet
O ye who believe! Ask blessing on him and Salute him with
a worthy Salutation".

Allahummasalli alaa saidina Muhammadin wa alaa alli Muhammadin

Samba Goddard
(Pulo)