GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:07:48 +0200
I will not agree to your assertion "I remember attending an Ifangbodi show in Gunjur and that night the way most of the
attendees and the band acted was one reason why I think the nation failed to endorse the band at a higher level " . Yes
some Youths used to drink as a way of rebellion  against the Society and as you mentioned some times some of them coming
from a very religious back ground but that blame should not be laid on IfangBondi .I was among the very first people to
set up Ifangbondi Fans Club in Gunjur together with J.O.J  , Amadou Bajo , Omar Janneh (Boy Eat) Lamin Darboe and Nfansu
Touray that later became famously known as Dabanani Club .We became the first to bring Ifangbondi to Gunjur on Koriteh
day 1975 to perform both Haware and Night Show .Ifangbondi always played their best in Gunjur and that was why people in
attendance came as far away as Faraba-banta , Pirang , Bakau , Sukuta  and Brikama .I wish you succeed in organising an
Ifangbondi Day .

Luntang