GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:49:19 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/01 10:43:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> KB
>
> Thanks you for your response.
>
> I always believe that there is life after Jawara and
> all of us should take note of that.
>
> On that note lets move on for a better Gambia
>
> Come October 2001 Gambia must be free as Yahya must go
>
> Long live Democracy,Freedom and Justice.
>
> Long live the Great People of the Gambia.
>

> Have a pleasant weekend
>
> Sanusi Owens.
>

> --- Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
> Sanusi, I share your desire for not wishing to dwell
> > on frivolity. I asked
> > you a simple favor. I saw your response. Life goes
> > on. Let’s move on.
> > KB

Hi all:
I think some might be making a serious mistake by discounting Jawara's
polotical clout as it relates to Gambian politics.

If time permits, I shall try to elaborate on why I think this is the case.
As it stands now, it is a case of good over a lesser evil when it pertains to
APRC and PPP regime.

DK Jawara is a trump card which can be used by a united Opoosition towards
unseating the current regime.

Time permiting, I shall delve into this a bit more over the weekend.  But
discount Jawara at your own peril.  His arrival in The Gambia, inshallah,
will be accompanied by the joy and revival which S Africans felt when Nelson
Mandela was released from jail.

Till later,
Yus