GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:52:59 -0500
Ebou, you have said the hard facts. Forget about whatever Jammeh stands for and means. Open your minds and free them from bias. As the picture becomes clearer, you see a monster across our border. I now see that some Gambians would readily sell Gambia to Senegal as a way of getting rid of Jammeh. Mind you brothers. Cause, the demon in Senegal is no better than the one in Ganbia. So there is absolutely no grounds for trading one demon for another.
In Gambia, opposition members are attacked-------Waa Juwara
In Senegal, the story was more deadly-----Talla Sylla flown to France for treatment
In Gambia, attack on the Media ----Independent, Radio 1FM
In Senegal, same story, attack on ---Wal Fadjri news media
Gambia, arrest of Journalists  ---daily business
Senegal, arrest and deported RFI journalist----Sophie Malibou

I stated earlier that Wade is anti-panafricanists. This is why big brother Obasanjo brushed him at the AU meeting while small brothers cheered and clapped as Obasanjo mount his onslaugh. Obasanjo's assult ended with "Wade, if you don't want to play by the African rule, pack your stuff and go to France" He did not even say go home to Senegal, but go and live in France. No African leader has ever been assulted like this by a fellow african leader. This is the man who told Senegalese people, we are suffering because Gambia refused to build a bridge over Bamba tenda -- Yilli tenda crossing point. What a stupid remark. How can some one in senegal tell Gambians to use their tax money to build a bridge where they do not need it? Yet, you find Gambians who raly behind this trouble monger to bring trouble into the Gambia. He took this trouble to Guinea where he succeeded in killing Gen. Ansumana Manneh. Wade is a crafty polition surviving on his ability to deflect political attention.

Wade and Jammeh will pass away, but Senegal and Gambia will remain as neighbors.
May the union these brotherly people, know no pain.

PG