GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:25:20 EST
In a message dated 12/6/03 10:51:27 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Will they submit  to cohersion and sacrifice Mugabe, and continue the
> perpetuation of the  under- development of Africa. Or shall they stand firm
> with courage to manifest mental liberation, cutting through the illusion
> that west knows best. It is now time for Africans to take care of our own
> business, to use our own resources for our own interests. As our ancestors
> have demonstrated what they achieved, without interference from the West.

I have the flu but had to comment on this one.
This above statement is the long and the short of it. I wonder how many of
these African leaders who are "good boys" for those who are venting all this
rage on Zimbabwe just because they took land that belongs to them back will be
given the priviledge of having the choicest land in the UK or anywhere else in
the West.
The anger over the lost priviledge of  illegal land ownership and the end of
illegal white rule in Zimbabwe is what is still driving this campaign to back
Zimbabwe into a corner Robert Mugabes' politics notwithstanding.
However, this is possible only because our African leaders are still
scrambbling to please their colonial masters wo have cunningly devised organizations
that will still enable them to pull the strings under the guise of
international cooperation. It is amazing that our leaders still fall for these tricks.
Funny that Obasanjo is chiding Abdoulaye Wade in public for being a colonial
relic and then turns around and dis-invites Mugabe from attending the Commonwealth
summit.
Are our leaders not confused?
One wonders when we will form our own organizations that will lobby with one
voice for each other's interests. I am sure that Obasanjo and the rest of the
"good boys" are quite pleased that the Queen and Blair are attending to
oversee the meeting so that the subjects are kept in line.

Jabou Joh