GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:06:15 -0700
Yus,

It's not only what you listed that needs to be
reviewed, but this entire Cyber Nanny concept should
be re-visited. The membership here is almost totally
adult. People can sieve through the postings and pick
out the chaff from the substantive. If someone's
posting turns off others, they'll know what to do.
There's a great tool on the computer keyboard called
the "delete" button! Some of us use it routinely to
empty our In-boxes daily, which is why I never
understand this constant bitching about what X or Y is
posting here. If you don't like what you see, delete
the darn thing! This whole idea of monitoring
someone's postings before letting them in is
ridiculous. And very patronizing. Let the membership
be the judge of whether what Kujabi or someone else
writes is appropriate or not. I don't need anyone to
tell me what to do when I don't want to read nutty
stuff: I'll do exactly what I do when Matarr Njie
sends my mother "greetings!" I find it ironic that
while we're supposed to be engaged in encouraging free
thinking, and stuff, the Managers have taken it upon
themselves to play Big Brother. It's an egregious
abuse of privilege as far as I'm concern. Totally
un-necessary and out of place. Debates get heated, and
tempers flare. Most people make up at their own
volition and move on. They don't need any Manager to
tell them what to do. Any Manager who likes to Baby
Sit adults need to go work for Yaya Jammeh. I'm sure
he'll find a suitable job for you where your oversight
would be appreciated. It's most certainly NOT
appreciated from this corner. Talk about
aristocracy...

Saul.