Assalaamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah and I want to highlight one of those little surprises I stumbled on during my vacation back home. My idea of a restaurant in Kombo Brikama is a 'Pasiong' ( or what my soil scientist colleague, Babou Jobe refers to as 'Junku Riddo' [hit the curtain]).

After a long day of trekking thru the terrible roads of Kombo South and Foni, my brother (Manlay) and I were ready for a good meal by 9pm. He suggested 'Domori Deema'- about 100m from the main Brikama mosque. To my surprise, the restaurant turned out to be a very decent eatery quite different from the usual 'junku riddo'. I promised the proprietor that I will spread word abaout his place on G-l.

He also offers lodging at reasonable rates. I believe he operates a small resort as well in the border village of Darsilami. Please, Bamba Laye, Alassan and Ousainou Demba, Alassan and Ousainou Bah and all the other Brikama natives out there, spread the word for this indigenous and inovative entrepreneur amongst holiday makers. Mafy, don't forget to check out this spot when next you go home.

May Allah bless our noble efforts
Allahumma salli wasallim alaa Nabiyyina Muhammad. Wasalaam.
Modou Mbye