Folks, below is a copy of an e-mail Shelby, the director of GambiaHelp sent me. She is asking for our help to haul books to her house, to be later shipped to The Gambia. Although turnout at the book sorting parties have been getting better, I still feel that we (Seattle residents) can do better. Please show your support by showing-up at the address below.

"The book collection will be at 4:00pm on 3/12/00 at Lake Forest Park Library. Address 17171 Bothell Way NE in Lake Forest Park. It is located in the Lake Forest Park Mall on the ground floor underneath Third Place Books. The libraries phone number is: (206) 362-8860 and the person I had contact with is named Lori Bennett, one of the librarians. She has been to Africa too! GambiaHELP agreed to take ALL the leftover books from their sale. Can you post a note on the Gambia-L and ask people to RSVP by Thursday? I'll ask Carolyn to make reminder calls the day before the event."

M.B.Krubally