From: "Sean Simplicio" <[log in to unmask]>
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Graduate Assistantships to WFUV-FM
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:20:19 PST

Howdy folks-

Here's a little something I thought you might be interested in.  I can
personally recommend coming to WFUV and Fordham.  I'm glad I did!

If any of you are interested, and want to get the student's perspective,
feel free to e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Try it out!

Hope you all are well in NFCB land, and have a good conference!

-Sean Simplicio

* * *

MA Assistantships-- WFUV
Fordham University, Bronx, NY

Fordham University's MA in Public Communications seeks applicants to its
degree program for graduate assistant work at WFUV-FM, Fordham's
50,000-watt public radio station.

Known for its Album Adult Alternative (AAA) music format and Irish
specialty shows, WFUV has nearly 250,000 weekly listeners in the New York
metro area, and is also heard worldwide on the Internet. It is one of the
nation's fastest growing stations in terms of audience and membership. The
position requires strong organizational abilities, follow-through,
willingness to work with volunteers, plus writing and audio production
skills. An interest in adult rock, folk, Americana and world music, or news
production is a plus.

For applications, contact Dr. James Capo, MA in Public Communications,
Fordham University, Bronx, NY 10458. Phone: (718) 817-4860, Fax: (718)
817-4053. Email: [log in to unmask] In addition to a background in
radio, successful applicants must achieve strong GRE scores and have
distinguished themselves during their undergraduate studies. The
assistantship can carry a full-time scholarship to complete MA studies (12
months) and a stipend of $8,000-$10,000 for 20 hours of work per week at
WFUV-FM during the academic year.

The Public Communications MA program is part of Fordham's Communication and
Media Studies Department with over 30 matriculated graduate Students, 700
undergraduates, the Walsh Digital Lab workshop and production facility, and
the McGannon Research Center for the Study of Issues in Communication Ethics
and Policy. The University Library contains 450 computer work station, a
state-of-the-art Electronic Information Center, as well as media production
labs, studios, and auditoriums.

Visit WFUV on the web to learn more about the station-- www.wfuv.org.
Information, application materials, and academic listings of Fordham's
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences can be found at
www.fordham.edu/gsas/index.html.