From: "HAROON BASHA KHATEEB JALEEL" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 20:47:19 GMT

FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINA
(Friday, March 31, 2000)

FEAR ALLAH, BE RIGHTEOUS,HEREAFTER IS EVERLASING LIFE

Sheikh Saleh Bin Humaid, Imam and Khateeb of the Holy Haram in Makkah, urged
Muslims to fear Allah always. He told them to refrain from being critical of
other people's mistakes and carry out their responsibility as required of
them.

In his Friday sermon, March 31, 2000, Sheikh Bin Humaid called on Muslims to
transform themselves form weakness and be strong. They should place their
confidence in Allah and equip themselves with Iman (pure faith).

He said that those who fear Allah, do righteous deeds and pursue useful
knowledge in this world will gain the pleasure of Allah in this world and in
the Hereafter.

He told Muslims to be very careful in their conduct, develop the habit of
self-accountability and never follow their personal whims.

Moreover, Sheikh Bin Humaid enjoined Muslims to be patient and that they
should never despair, because to despair means to lose hope and rule out the
salvation from Allah, and this denotes a very weak belief.

Sheikh Bin Humaid concluded his Friday sermon by enjoining Muslims to be
patient in the face of trials and tribulation.  He urged Muslims to join
hands in the promotion of truth and justice, saying that they should
administer their affairs with justice and fairplay.  Muslims should not
treat each other unjustly.  Allah is always at their side in the course of
truth.

Meanwhile, Sheikh Salah Bin Mohammed Al Bidair, Imam and Khateeb of the
Prophet's Mosque in Madina, told Muslims to fear Allah by following the path
of their worthy ancestors, thank Allah for the bounties He has bestowed on
them and be keen on doing righteous deeds.

In his regular Friday sermon at the Prophet's Mosque in Madina, Sheikh Al
Bidair said that the days, the nights, the months and the years swiftly pass
by denoting that this world is not an eternal abode, and that every creature
will pass away in one of these moments.  The Sheikh therefore enjoined
Muslims to prepare themselves for the Day of Reckoning, do as many good
deeds as they can and be quick in repenting from their past sins.  He urged
them to stick to Islam in words and deeds and always remember the agony of
death.  He reminded them of their fellow men who were living happily
yesterday, but today they have left this world for the world beyond.

Sheikh Al Bidair said that the fortunate people are those who live long life
in righteousness and obedience to Allah while the unfortunate one are those
who spend their life in frivolous and sinful deeds even if they live longer
life.

The Sheikh concluded his sermon by urging Muslims not to preoccupy
themselves with only worldly affairs, they should always remember the
hereafter which is the everasting life.  This world is a place of deeds
without reckoning while the Hereafter is the place of reckoning.  He said
that man will die according to his way of life and he will accordingly be
resurrected.
-------------------------------End-----------------------------------

"Our Lord! We have heard The call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe ye
In the Lord,' and we Have believed.  Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, Blot out
from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the
righteous.  "Our Lord! Grant us what Thou didst promise Unto us through
Thine Apostles, And save us from shame on the Day of Judgement: For Thou
never breakest Thy promise."
(The Holy Qur'an, Sura III: Al-Imran, Verses 193 and 194.)

NB
IF YOUR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES WANT A COPY OF ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF FRIDAY
SERMON (JUMA KHUTBA AT MAKKAH AND MADINA) EVERY WEEK BY EMAIL, PLEASE SEND
THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES TO:

[log in to unmask] or