May the blessings of Easter and Good Friday be with all of us.

Brother Solomon Njai,
I think both  Tombong and you have very good and valid suggestions for unity and peace in the community .Regardless of our religious beliefs ,political affiliations or tribes/origins  we should all follow the three Rs:
 *    Respect for self
 *    Respect for others and
 *    Responsibility for all our actions
   Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to
 correct it.
In disagreements with each other, deal only with the current
 situation. Don't bring up the past.
Open your arms to change but don't let go of your values.
     Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful
 stroke of luck.
     Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
     Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
     When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
     Take into account that  great achievements involve
 great risk.
     Share your knowledge.  It's a way to achieve immortality.

     I  borrowed some of these quotes from the Dalai Lama ( nb I am not a Buddist-just picking some of his best teachings)
What happened in April in Banjul was wrong but two wrongs do not make a right.
I hope I have not offended anyone and I am contributing some points  in good faith.

May Allah guide us all towards unity and peace.

By the way

Dagma since Lizzy is not around can we still get our nan buru from the St. Joseph's club?

Habib Diab Ghanim, Sr

Solomon Njai wrote:

Brother, I understand your frustration and shortcoming[s] regarding the
various splinter groupings of Gambian organizations both at home and abroad.
This is not a new phenomena and will never get resolved as long as we keep
dwelling on personalities instead of 'the group,' knowing well, that amongst
us, are rabble-rouser, provocateurs and the apathetic masses within the
group/organization. Is it not true that our African brothers and sister in
the USA encounters the same organizational dysfunction, if not worst,
especially churches? Each of us must start a new chapter of trusting, caring,
maturity, respect and sincere dialogue within our immediate family and
friends, and then to the outside groups/organization in order for us to be
whole and complete. In the absence of this, we'll be discussing this issue
again in 2011.
I believe recent events in Gambia and Yahya Jammeh in general, is a blessing
in disguise for us to change the equation afflicting Gambians, whereby, we
resign and sink our citizenry to false hopes, apathy, anonymity and
depersonalization.
My suggestions are:
1] As disenfranchised Gambians, we must organize/coalesce the different
groupings under one umbrella with branches all over the world
2] We must start working inside the 'system' [i.e.] selecting, empowering and
electing our own progressive leaders that would serve our collective interest
3] We must engage in a critical and diagnostic analysis of our current
conditions by analyzing what went wrong? and where do we go from here?
4] We should extend invitations to the various opposition party leaders and
APRC regime, to attend the upcoming ALD in DC, whereby we'll demand voting
rights for Gambian's living abroad; instead of watching from the sidelines,
we'll become participants in the process.This is the only reason why Jawara
and hence Yahya Jammeh do not give a hoot about what we write or say from
abroad. We must start using our $, #, DM, KRONA and email power to vote our
interest
I will elaborate more on this.... any suggestions, add your dime to this
worthwhile endeavor
peace