Hi!
    This is from The Observer.
Gamsu treasurer picked up

Alassan Ceesay, treasurer of the Gambia Students Union (Gamsu) was yesterday morning picked up at his Kanifing Estate residence by a personnel of the NIA.

Alassan Ceesay, a level two AAT student at the GTTI, was reportedly put on board a white Peugeot vehicle registration number BJL 5019.

His arrest came in the wake of the Monday student demonstrations which left many students dead and government installations and private properties destroyed.

Talking to the Daily Observer, Dr Ousman Ceesay, a veterinary surgeon at Abuko, who is the father of Alassan Ceesay, said, "My son did not participate in the Mondaystudents demonstrations.

All the family were here, none of the children, including Pa Alassan Ceesay went to school. I am not aware of my son's involvement in any demonstration. We are still waiting to hear from the NIA to tell us the condition of my son."

The NIA could not be reached for comments.Meanwhile, about 150 people, mostly students, detained in various places around the Greater Banjul Area, have been released on bail.