Members of the Gambia-L should not be at all surprised by the brutality and callousness with which Jammeh's thugs acted. During the months of January and February, Ebou Colly warned us of what Jammeh and his cohort are capable of. One thing some members failed to realise was the fact that Ebou Colly was one of the trustworthy "Engineers" of Jammeh's diabolical junta. He knew more than any one of us on the List how ruthless and barbaric these people could be, but he was pilloried and lambasted by many members of this List on some insignificant issues. I think Ebou Colly now has the right to post a seven-word one-liner, which says "I told you so, brothers and sisters".
I am not, in any way saying, that If we had believed in Ebou Colley, the deaths of these innocent students would have been preventable, No!.  You can call me a "Prophet of Doom" if you like, but from the postings of Ebou Colly, the events of 10th April are merely a taste of things to come. I foresee a far more sombre Gambia under this heartless, blood-tasty, half-educated and trigger-happy regime.
We can angrily demonstrate in New York, London, DC, Seattle and Helsinki but that will be "peanuts" to the average Gambian and we all know that they have so much of that that they don't even want to sell to the government. The issue here is; how can we stop these hoodlums before they turn our country into another Rwanda?
It is really a pity that Ebou Colly has decided to "hibernate", but this is really the time for him to reiterate his words. Among the many things that I agreed with him, one paragraph of his is evident in the actions of these killers. Ebou Colly wrote:

    "These are men who have no virtues, carry little or no valuable knowledge in their heads and lacked      every form of human conscience to make them good administrators".
    (ebou colly: "Yaya's Power Base", 26 Jan. 2000)

All what happen on 10 April is wrapped up in that one paragraph. Unless something is done and done swiftly, these people will "overstay" and that will be detrimental to our beloved country. I think we should consider backing an existing political party in the Gambia, the UDP for example, to take over from these people because Yaya Should and Must Go.

Prince Coker