Gambia L,

As far as I know there is a difference between a Civil Servant and a Politician.  Can Tombong please give us an answer?  Which one of them are you?  As far as I can remember you are a Civil Servant.   Your duty as a Civil Servant and holding a post which one sees amongst the most important post in any country should be very careful in what you say.  How can the Director of Radio & TV (??) write such?

"The President is saddened and mad about the whole incident both the handling
of it by the security forces and the manner GAMSU went about it. The critics
could say any thing about President Jammeh, however he has done more for
Gambian youths than any leader ever did, from the colonial masters to
Jawara. The President practically formed GAMSU. He encouraged them by
providing funds for their various activities such as their rounds around the
country to recruit and sensitise the students; he bought them computers for
their office; gave them a super VHS camera, ordered a new Toyota van
(coaster) for them, and his is helping them to have their own telecentres
(2) so that they will have a permanent flow of revenue. These are just a few
of the things he did for GAMSU. The President has built schools, a
University and many other tertiary  institutions since he came to power.
Gambian youths have more access to education now than any other time in the
history of The Gambia. To call him names and suggest otherwise is very
unfair."

Your message here tells us everything about how our motherland is being ruled.  Did you think twice before writing this?  Where did the money come from?  Is Jammeh a philanthropist or a head of state?  Even if he is a philanthropist should one not dear say his wrong doings. Are you telling us that all the developments that have or are taking place in Jammeh's time  are from his pocket?  No, you are wrong Mr Director, the money is ours and not his.  Who and what was Jammeh before he became the President, a millionaire.   No wonder people in Gambia say the samething, Jammeh gave us this and that.  They hear it daily from Radio & TV Gambia daily.  Have you ever think how powerful the media is in our life and how much it can influence us?   Please do us a favour and by giving correct info to the general public.  When one turn on the TV or Radio all you hear is what Jammeh has done for the Country, he even tells the people that if they do not what to hear what he has to say let them put off their sets.  The TV is his.  You are playing cat and mouse here (double roll) to Gambia L and Jammeh.

Ada