Dampha, thanks for your views in this discussion.  I know you're
convinced that the only solution to the Yahya problem is to use
force.  My question to you is, if you use your gun to get rid of him,
how do we get rid of you if you decide to stay and still with gun in
hand?  I know you stated that you have no interest in power, but do
you think that is enough for people like me to take your idea and run
with it.  Also, assuming that you are true to your calling, how about
your cohorts?  I don't think invoking Mandela's name has any bearing
on this issue.  We all know his struggle.  Your proposal is a double
edge sword.  On the one hand it's getting rid of a thief and a
murderer, and on the other, we don't have any guarantees besides your
promise that you will step aside.  Yahya was the soldier with a
difference, what will you be?  It was Kukoi, then Yahya, and now
(fill in the blank). Our Aku friends say "third fool Na ...".  If the
overwhelming majority of Gambians want Yahya out, as much as our
Senegalese relatives wanted Abdou out, why do we think our only
option is the barrel of the gun?  Bringing it closer to home, are any
of us that are out of harm's way going to be in the frontlines?
Also, would you uphold your principle if your mother, father, or
child perished in your quest to get rid of Jammeh?  Folks the last
thing we need in these trying times is to be led by our imotions.

How many of us ranted and raved after the events of April 10/11?
Many!  How many stepped up to the plate to help the victims?  Few!
Five dollars from all concerned would have covered a lot of miles in
our journey to liberation.  We should walk the talk.

Use Your Vote.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

Get your 100MB FREE Internet storage! Sign up now -
http://www.netdrive.com/?ao=zzn