From: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:35:40 EDT
Subject: Fwd: RED ALERT
To: [log in to unmask]

--part1_df.941282a.26dde91c_boundary

This is coming to everyone on our list FYI. Feel free to pass it on!
Saalakhan

p.s. As requested, I will try to get down to Atlanta asap (insha'Allah).

--part1_df.941282a.26dde91c_boundary

From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: KHALILS746
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:13:30 EDT
Subject: RED ALERT
To: [log in to unmask](attn:bros. Nihad & Ibrahim), [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
CC: [log in to unmask]

WITH THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE BENEFICIENT, THE COMPASSIONATE

29 Jumada ll 1421 AH

From:  Khalil Abdul-Rahman (Personal Aide to Imam Jamil Al-Amin)

To:      Al-Ikwan (The Brotherhood)

As Salaamu 'Alaikum,

The above subject, titled, "Red Alert", is designed to raise a red-flag in
the mind of those of you who are conscientious, and who feel a duty and
responsibility to care for and to monitor the welfare of a fellow muslim
brother, and a leader, who is unjustly being incarcerated.

This past Wednesday, August 23rd, there was a twist, a turn in the road or a
new development, I might say, in the treatment of Imam Jamil Al-Amin.  For
the most part, we have been pleased with the care and consideration given to
Imam Jamil Al-Amin by his Care-Takers (sherifff's deputies).  However,
recently we have noticed a subtle change and now a more obvious and blatant
attempt to start a harassement and intimidation campaign against Imam Jamil
Al-Amin.

Case In Point:  On Wednesday, August 23, 2000, there was an unannounced visit
(raid) to the cell of Imam Jamil Al-Amin, for the purpose of carrying out "an
order" to do a search and seizure of items in Imam Jamil's cell.  There were
several items removed from the Imam's cell.  One was a hard-copy of the Quran
which he was allowed to have, and another item was an un-named book.  All
items seized came with the Imam from the Alabama and the Cobb County
Detention Centers.  In each facility, these items were cleared just as they
were cleared in the Fulton County Detention Facility.  Upon his arrival at
the Fulton County Detention Center, these items were checked and returned to
him.

The search and seizure of items from the Imam's cell resulted in a hearing,
on Monday, August 28, 2000, wherein, the Imam was charged with an infraction
of the prison rules, and was given 35 days in "the hole" (solitary
confinement).  The sentence was suspended and a warning was issued.  "If
there is another infraction, these charges will be brought back up aganist
him and the sentence will be put into  effect."  In addition to this issue,
there are other issues that are being played out as an increased form of
harassement and intimidation of Imam Jamil Al-Amin.

As a result of this development, I am petitioning you and all of the muslim
media to send staff-writers and contributing writers to visit the family
(brother and wife), Imam William Abdur-Rahim, Nadin Ali, Bilal Sunni Ali
and/or myself, to get a first-hand report on the issues I am raising here,
and to prepare a journalistic report for your reading audiences.  Also, I
will be asking brother Nihad Awad of CAIR to visit the family concerning
these issues and to speak to the Sheriff about her knowledge concerning this
matter.  Also, I am asking brothers Salakhan, Imam Ihsan Bagby, Imam Khalid
Griggs, Imam Talib Abdur-Rashid and sister Anisa to personally visit all of
us for the express purpose of getting a story to be published in the ISNA,
ICNA, MAS, FINAL CALL, MUSLIM JOURNAL and other Islamic Magazines.  I am
asking brother Kaukab Siddiqi to send a staff-writer to get a story for the
"New Trend" newspaper.  We invite any and all staff-writers and contributing
writers of any other newspaper or magazine to visit us for a first-hand
report on this matter.

I am not surprised by these turn of events.  It was bound to come sooner or
later.  The disbelievers are banking on the believers not coming out to aid
one of their leaders.  But it does not matter what they attempt to do to Imam
Jamil Al-Amin, for him, "It is still five a day".

ALLAH HAS DRAWN A LINE IN THE SAND
WITH THE CASE OF IMAM JAMIL AL-AMIN
AND
HE HAS MADE THIS CASE
TRIAL AND A TEST OF BROTHERHOOD

Note:  I am asking those of you who wish to visit Imam Jamil  to make contact
with Imam William Abdur-Rahim.  He is our Chief-Coordinator for the contact
visits with Imam Jamil.

Masalam!

--part1_df.941282a.26dde91c_boundary--