From: Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:23:03 -0800
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Juwara of UDP as POA for Jawara and the former PPP

Harona and Ousman:
May I add that this latest move by Juwara will simply do him more
harm than
the intended good; atleast politically. Such a move by Juwara will
make it
all the more evident that the UDP is an amalgamation of primarily the
PPP,
Darboe and perhaps some other groups. As Harona has rightly opined,
Sir
Dawda needs to stand up and be serious about the matter at hand,
otherwise,
this takes us back to the stinking PPP way of doing things. This is my
observation. Thanks for allowing me to hop in.

Ous Ngum

Note: Harona, its good to hear from you!

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:32:01 -0500, The Gambia and related-issues
mailing
list wrote:

>  Ous:
>
>  It seems as allegations of the UDP being another wing of the
ousted PPP
is
>  becoming true. If not, then Juwara is playing a double standard
which
must
>  not be tolerated. The former Prez should be better advised that the
Gambia
>  has qualified and neutral attornies who can better battle this
case in a
>  court of law.
>  A prominant opposition figure as Juwara is the wrong person under
these
>  circumstances. He should represent the UDP which he seemingly does
well
>  period!
>  Good night.
>  Harona.
>

>  >From: Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
>  >To: [log in to unmask]
>  >Subject: Juwara of UDP as POA for Jawara and the former PPP
>  >Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:14:32 EST
>  >
>  >  The article below is culled from the Independent. I am not
personally
>  >sure
>  >what Juwara must be thinking. Yes it might be an individual
arrangement,
>  >but
>  >I do not think it is a wise idea. And again, that is my personal
view of
>  >this: Juwara as POA for the former PPP.....
>  >

if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to
write your full name and e-mail address.
------

---- End Original Message ----