Isatou,

I think sometimes we blow issues out of proportion, I don't think astrid christensen meant any evil to Gambians back home when she said the 'Kanifing coke is for the dogs', well unless you are brewing the coke down in Kanifing. I smell something personal here...

Cool down.

Mose.

>From: Isatou Njie <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Water vs Coke
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:55:30 -0800
>
>hi astrid,
>
>what do you mean 'the kanifing coke if for the dogs'.
>do you think you are better than those that drink it
>just because you drink soda made in US? well those
>cheap and silly soda you are so fond of are not any
>better than the coke we drink here. and if you really
>think its for the dogs why dont you ask those that
>make it to send the whole lot to your family in
>Kairaba avenue because you all look like BULL DOGS.
>--- astrid christensen-tasong <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:

Yus,

I know what you mean....I am one of those very

>chronic CRAZy people that substitute soda for
>water despite all the warnings.  After receiving
>the water vs coke email from a friend, I still haven't
>even considered turning a new leaf and drinking more
>water.  If anyone knows of an CA (Coke Anonymous)
>group I can join, please let me know....Ha! Ha!
>:-)>src="http://216.33.150.251/emsmiled.gif" width=12>

You are so right Yus, the Kanifing Coke is for the

>dogs...have you ever looked at the bottles they
>use??...It really gives recycling a bad name!

Astrid/

.STJOHNS.EDU Wed Feb 07 10:52:53 2001