I just don't know what to say. When i read this obituary , i could not believe it. Araba has been a friend and a mentor to me. I remember when Araba asked me to join the workers union to set up  the women's wing. This was rejected by many, first i was not a worker despite my involvement  with the Gambia Anti-Aparthied Movement. I was only  16yrs and going to school but Araba's first meeting with me at one of the Gambia Anti-Aparthied meetings in Banjul, he said to me" you have the potential to grow and develop, so use it". I use to  attend the Workers Union meetings and go to Araba's house were we will discuss so many issues affecting the workers.

I use to have difficulties leaving my house because my dad was very strick and going out was just impossible. Anytime there is a meeting Araba will inform my dad and he will let me go and this was very important to me as a young girl learning from the older generation.

I would like to send my deepest loss and sympathy to his whole family, the workers union and to Gaba as well.

My Deepest Sympathy
Ndey Jobarteh