Bass, thanks for your post.  How many people are in the UDP governing council?  They mean to tell us that all the "who is who" in that party have to stay in the Gambia?  Come on!  I smell a rat.  Until I see something different, I have the feeling that the UDP does not want to discuss the issue of a united opposition.  For the reacord, have they come out for or against the idea?  No.  We jumped all over PDOIS on the issue and here we have the UDP telling us that they can't come and we saying good point.  Whatever happened to delegation of authority?  This the type of thing we need to move away from.  I'm beginning to have my doubts and I think the UDP pulled a coup on us.  I know what I'm saying is not going to be seen kindly on this forum, but we should not accept this poor excuse.  So, we can pretend that they have a legitimate excuse, but this is treachery.  I also do not like the idea of just a supporter representing them, because nothing they say can be binding and they can always say that the person misrepresented their position.  This is a sad day for those of us who really want Jammeh out.  Folks, we got a long trek up a steep mountain.

Chi Jaama