I have been keenly following the debate on UDP leader speaking in mandinka at the meeting in New York, like Saul i was waiting for some clarification from either the organizers or the UDP. What is important to note is that, during the meeting organized by the MRDG the speeches in English were transilated in only Mandingka,so this might have been the reason for Mr.Darboe to speak in Mandingka only. I do not think that Darboe delibrately spoke in Mandingka to isolate the non-Mandingka speakers. It is very evident that no political party is capable of winning elections by playing tribalism. This whole issue was just mistake and as some have suggested the UDP should learn from for the future.

I do understand the criticisms and the scrutinies of the various political parties, but we should remember that the objective of the opposion is to defeat Jammeh in the coming elections. Our energies should be put in that. Let us remember that this what Jammeh wants to see, which is the opposition being at each others throats instead of exposing his government's failures and violations of the rights of Gambians.

The most pertinent issues now confronting the opposition are the dubious voter registrations, the threats by Jammeh to dissolve the IEC and the many attempts to steal the elections. Let us put our resources and efforts to ensure a Gambia free from the present coorupt and criminal Jammeh regime.

I have the opportunity of knowing some UDP members on the list such as Mballow and Karamba who I believe are decent people. To my own interpretation Hamadi's report was to alert the UDP of their mistake and not discredit them. I only hope that the UDP has learned from this error, so it is now time to move to more pressing issues.

Thanks

Pasamba Jow