Ebrima,

Thanks for forwarding this interesting piece from Baffour Ankomah.   Baffour indeed is one of the finest and most controversial  African journalist around at present.  I find his iconoclastic approach on reporting on Africa very interesting and inspiring.  His analysis of the bias reporting of Africa by the western media is quite apt. The headline grabbing is unashamedly obvious.  Remember the ECONOMIST cover story called ' HOPELESS CONTINENT'.  I first read him when he wrote that scathing report on Gambia during the Jawara regime : 'STRANGER IN BANJUL'.  Since then i have been hooked to the NEW AFRICAN.  I like his column 'BAFFOUR's BEEFs'.

I hope the new head of BBC's Africa team of journalist (Raggia Omar-Somali born) will bring a more rigorous and objective approach to covering reports from Africa.

All the best Ebrima, keep it up.

regards,

Mboge