This is a gentle reminder that the Election Fund Drive is still on.  Please let's support the opposition to bring about the change we all seek.  Just talking will not change anything.  Success does not come about from just talking, but taking the extra step of acting.  Let us move away from this "vous mentality" (Werranteh).  At this time of great need for our country and peoples, we do not want to hear who is the best author in our midst.  You want to do that I suggest you go write a book like authors do.  We do not want to hear lectures either.  Everyone here is successful in their own right.  However, we are here to complete an unfinished business - get rid of our murderous clan.  Our business should be, DOING all we can to bring the change we seek, not who can howl the loudest.  We are becoming very irresponsible as stake bearers in the crisis we face.  I noticed that most people on this list who are action orientated are tired of listening to the "howl fest" and just helplessly resigned themselves to being silent participants, and they choose that not because they cannot write or express themselves well, but out of maturity.  This maturity I'm talking about has nothing to do with age but everything to do with the ability to know what action a particular situation requires and doing what needs to be done to achieve the desired outcome.  The "vous mentality" got to go.  We have managed to occupy ourselves with fruitless exchanges that does nothing to help the opposition win the coming election.  Please stop wasting our time by showing us how smart or how good you are at what you do for a living.  If you must, however, then there are places for those things, the Academic Institutions and your place of employment.  We think we are exchanging ideas as we howl, but all we are engaged in is fault finding.  On that note, I would like to invite everyone to one among many action endeavors that are being pursued on this list - The Election Fund Drive.  Donations are received by: The Gambian Association of Chicago, P.O. Box 3324, Oak Park IL 60303-3324.  Put my name on the check or money order, Joseph Sambou, purpose on the memo section, and whether you want your name appear on the list of donors.  Thanks to all who donated and I hope many more will join you in this worthy cause.  "We shall only reap what we sow."

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou