PATHETIC.

What kind of a leader boasts about a statistic such as Doctor-Patient ratio? No wonder Yaya takes credit for the (worthlessly) high ratio. I wonder if the number of doctors used in the ratio are all state(taxpayer)-educated and state(taxpayer)-employed working in state(taxpayer)  hospitals, dispensing medicine from state(taxpayer)-stocked pharmacies. That is the difference between Teacher-Student ratio and Doctor-Patient ratio.

How many of the doctors in the ratio were given state or government scholarships for their education or residency? And if the number of doctors in the ratio represents only doctors working in state hospitals(impossible), wouldn't a better measure of their performance be: low infant mortality rates, low morbidity rates, lowered malaria-related deaths, or lower deaths resulting from highly treatable infections by cheap and widely available drugs as the other countries with lower Doctor-Patient ratios are content with? When these boneheads compile data and infer excellence by pronouncements such as "The highest Doctor-Patient ratio in the world", do they ever sit and think of what the statistic means or of what value to their population it is? Purely sickening. This is what ill-education and mis-education yields. You never will hear other countries process statistic such as Doctor-Patient ratio without qualifications. It is meaningless and inconsequential. I'm sure Gambian doctors are not proud of such a statistic.

Matkhafish min rabbak???

Haruna Darbo-SONS OF AFRIKA