Ous, thanks for your post.  Chongan, what you guys went through was brutal to the soul and the perpetrators will be brought to book one day.  Like Ous, however, I also want to call your attention to your recent past, prior to 1994.  You were not an angel yourself and I hope you seek the forgiveness of your many victims.  So many human rights violations were committed by you and your batch mates in the name of drunkenness from liquids, power, ego tripping and god knows what else.  Among your victims at the Zonal Competitions in Sere-Kunda, I believe somewhere between 1982 and 1985, were Lokai and Badou Carayol, to name a few.  Lokai in particular, you guys almost killed.  You guys went bunkers on folks and were on skid row until 1994.  I understand your position as a victim, but I also want you to remember your many victims, and I hope your treatment at the hands of the thugs would help you understand the painful nature of being victimized, not only the physical aspect but also on the mind.  We have to be truthful to each other.  You are my brother and I've known you for a long time and you have always been cordial towards me.  However, an injustice to any Gambian by those in power is an injustice to all Gambians.  This applies to all our brothers who were in the force and abused their authority.  I hope we all learn from our youthful indigressions and pledge never again.  Moving forward, thank you for joining your brothers and sisters in the struggle to free Gambia from tyranny.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou