Whilest it is clear what Yaya wants its unclear what the opposition intends to do. You will think that this will be simple given what they are up against.But when one assumes that the opposition will make their decisions entirely based on what is good for the people one is sometimes dissappointed. You will think that individual ambitions and goals will not matter much and a quick consession will be arrived at for the betterment of the general population. You will think that the restoration of democracy will be so crucial that an alliance force will emerge naturally.You will think that Sir Dawda ,SM ,Mr. Darboe, and all leaders concerned would agree immediately to join hands and remove  Yaya from office . An undertake they all know is  best for their nations integrity. But even at this juncture some personal issues have to be considered. Whilest its true that no two people see exactly alike it will speak volumes if the opposition cannot agree that they need to work hand in hand to offset Yaya for the sack of the Gambian people.Does it matter who the driver is if we can get to our destination savely and peacefully? One maybe tempted to ask. Sometimes what works must dictate the decision making process. At this point the opposition should bury old hatches and work out power sharing structure that will utilise all their individual qualities for advancement of Gambia. It is either this or none of their brilliant ideas will ever marterialise. Their vision should lead them far into the future and their conviction compell them to tolerate and work together. If our efforts are considered as sacrifice for the larger purpose it becomes easier to compromise. What we as a people cannot compromise on is to allow ourselves to be herded into submission in the face of injustice intimidation and utter disrecard for human wellbeing. if the opposition really want to work for the Gambian people there should be hardly any reason not to find a common ground.The opposition should come together and refuse Yaya to dictate the process of the election. They should accept no compromise on the question of 'on the spot counting' if Yaya refuses then they will have the impetus of the masses behind them to launch a massive demonstration to force his resignition.

                                                                kalilu