Folks, now that the dust is beginning to settle and  most of actors behind the scenes have spoken, with the exception of Mr. Hamat Bah, where is Mr. Bah?  All we keep on hearing is that he is out of the country.  I want to hear from all sides before weighing in this discussion.  So, Mr. Bah please come forth and tell us your side of the story.  It's been about three weeks and your silence is deafening.  Please let the Gambian people know where you stand and you got to talk to the people if you want their support.  It has been mentioned here by others that you wrote a letter to the UDP, PPP, and GPP expressing your support to that agreement without being represented by any of your party delegates.  I want to know from you whether that is true.  If so, on what basis does your support for the agreement rest?  In order for us to take care of business before October, we need to know the truth from all.  No amount of howling by any interest will sway the people any which way.  Let us remember that each citizen has their voice and a right to be heard - one person one vote.  Some may choose to be the pit bulls of their particular interest, but at the end of the day it is just that - individual interest.  This winner take all posture within the ranks of the opposition is nothing but a loose, loose proposal for all who want change.  We have to have a meeting of the minds if we want to win in October.  To the partisans and none-partisans alike, please draw back your swords.  This stalemate can only be solved by a meeting of the minds and that can only take place when all stakeholders sit to hammer out the issues.  We can be belligerent or maul each other to pieces using our tongues, pens, time, and all else, however, at the end of the day, we would be nowhere but at the loosing corner.  So, Mr. Bah, the floor is open and we are all ears.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou