Mariama,

Your heart is in the right place and we hear your cry. Indulge me for a moment.

Yaya and his behaviour is an abberration in the Gambian psychy, therefore no political party was prepared for it. The parties and their raison d'etre were too valuable and too important to direct their resources to educate or discipline Yaya. It is futile to domesticate a wild carnivore.

PDOIS is a political party that set out long ago to assist in the education of the body politic. It is supplemental to home training and chance guidance. For all intents and purposes, it is now more than ever before that PDOIS should be commended for their valuable effort and encouraged to do more. One never tires of goodness. It is sort of like donning your friday best to go to the mosque and wanting to plug your ears to the imam's sermon. The party PDOIS does not begin nor does it end with an obsession with Yaya and your haste in having a coalition before the election in october does not constitute an emergency on the part of PDOIS, NCP, UDP, NRP, ppp, gpp, or pdp. A coalition of all the opposition is the desired avenue toward Gambia's liberation, and believe it or not, calm and collected individuals are working for that achievement. It's timing however prior to the election is not terribly important. Read a book or two meanwhile.

There is an art and a science in forging compromise during negotiation. The enemy is the impatient knucklehead because he/she does not understand the nature of negotiations, compromise, and leadership. Therefore, I urge discipline in speed. Do it right for the victory is sweeter then.

When I read your mail, for a moment It reminded me of two siblings fussing and arguing. There will be calm after the storm. stay tuned and offer your support and encouragement, not garrulous condemnation. Otherwise, I think you can be a valuable force in achieving the desired result.

cheers!

Haruna - SONS OF AFRIKA