FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MEDINA
(Friday, September 21, 2001)
Repentance brings Divine blessings;
Self-appraisal need of the hour
IN MAKKAH
Sheikh Omar Bin Mohammad Al-Sebail Imam and Khateeb of the Holy Mosque in Makkah, enjoined the worshipers to be mindful of Allah in their words and deeds and come closer to Him through repentance and righteous deeds.
In his Friday Sermon at the Holy Mosque in Makkah on September 21, 2001, he said that Allah commanded the Prophet (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) to worship Him alone and not ascribe any associate with Him and ask forgiveness from Him day and night.
The Imam added that repentance is the practice of the people of firm faith and pure belief who always take refuge in Allah because their hearts are full of submission to Him.
He said that it is because of repentance that the mercy of Allah descends on His slaves in this world and the Hereafter, and misery is kept off from them.
Sheikh Al-Sebail went on to say that repentance also opens way for Divine blessings, rainfall, abundant sustenance, fruits and progeny as Allah has promised those who repent will enjoy a good life and bounty.
The Imam explained that sincere repentance entails abandoning sinful life with a firm intention never to return to it, and he warned Muslims from delaying repentance because nobody knows when he will pass away.
IN MADINA
In his Sermon, Sheikh Bin Mohammad Al-Bidair, Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque in Madina, said that the Muslims communities are currently attacked by waves of polytheism,devastating seditions and flagrant war through misleading media launched by those who find solace in evil propaganda and corruption in their attempt to Westernize these communities so that they may turn away from their religion and to be misled from the path of righteousness.
Sheikh Al-Bidair said that the misguided communities lead contemptible life, and every new day they sink deeper in the world of vice, liquor and other worldly lusts. He added that these people are ruled by unjust man-made laws to which they refer for judgment in matters relating to blood, honor and money.
The Sheikh said that only the strong adherence to the Revelation of Allah can save the people from the seditions and temptations of the world of today.
He advised every Muslims to judge himself and see where he stands in relations to Holy Qur’an and the Prophet’s Sunnah to know if he belongs to the obedient group or otherwise.
THE HOLY QURAN:THE DEMONSTRATION OF POWER AND LOVE:SURA 30(AL-RUM)VERSES 20-25:
20. Among His Signs in this, that He created you from dust; and then,- behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)!
21. And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.
22. And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.
23. And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are signs for those who hearken.
24. And among His Signs, He shows you the lightning, by way both of fear and of hope, and He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead: verily in that are Signs for those who are wise.
25. And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.
HADITH:ON THE ONENESS OF ALLAH(TAWHEED):
Narrated 'Ata' bin Yazid Al-Laithi(RA):
On the authority of Abu Huraira: The people said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night?" They said, "No, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun when there are no clouds?" They said, "No, O Allah's Apostle." He said, "So you will see Him, like that. Allah will gather all the people on the Day of Resurrection, and say, 'Whoever worshipped something (in the world) should follow (that thing),' so, whoever worshipped the sun will follow the sun, and whoever worshiped the moon will follow the moon, and whoever used to worship certain (other false) deities, he will follow those deities. And there will remain only this nation with its good people (or its hypocrites). (The sub-narrator, Ibrahim is in doubt.) Allah will come to them and say, 'I am your Lord.' They will (deny Him and) say, 'We will stay here till our Lord comes, for when our Lord comes, we will recognize Him.' So Allah will come to them in His appearance which they know, and will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say, 'You are our Lord,' so they will follow Him.
Then a bridge will be laid across Hell (Fire)' I and my followers will be the first ones to go across it and none will speak on that Day except the Apostles. And the invocation of the Apostles on that Day will be, 'O Allah, save! Save!' In Hell (or over The Bridge) there will be hooks like the thorns of As-Sa'dan (thorny plant). Have you seen As-Sa'dan? " They replied, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "So those hooks look like the thorns of As-Sa'dan, but none knows how big they are except Allah. Those hooks will snap the people away according to their deeds. Some of the people will stay in Hell (be destroyed) because of their (evil) deeds, and some will be cut or torn by the hooks (and fall into Hell) and some will be punished and then relieved. When Allah has finished His Judgments among the people, He will take whomever He will out of Hell through His Mercy. He will then order the angels to take out of the Fire all those who used to worship none but Allah from among those whom Allah wanted to be merciful to and those who testified (in the world) that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah. The angels will recognize them in the Fire by the marks of prostration (on their foreheads), for the Fire will eat up all the human body except the mark caused by prostration as Allah has forbidden the Fire to eat the mark of prostration. They will come out of the (Hell) Fire, completely burnt and then the water of life will be poured over them and they will grow under it as does a seed that comes in the mud of the torrent.
Then Allah will finish the judgments among the people, and there will remain one man facing the (Hell) Fire and he will be the last person among the people of Hell to enter Paradise. He will say, 'O my Lord! Please turn my face away from the fire because its air has hurt me and its severe heat has burnt me.' So he will invoke Allah in the way Allah will wish him to invoke, and then Allah will say to him, 'If I grant you that, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your Power, (Honor) I will not ask You for anything else.' He will give his Lord whatever promises and covenants Allah will demand.
So Allah will turn his face away from Hell (Fire). When he will face Paradise and will see it, he will remain quiet for as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, then he will say, 'O my Lord! Bring me near to the gate of Paradise.' Allah will say to him, 'Didn't you give your promises and covenants that you would never ask for anything more than what you had been given? Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are!' He will say, 'O my lord,' and will keep on invoking Allah till He says to him, 'If I give what you are asking, will you then ask for anything else?' He will reply, 'No, by Your (Honor) Power, I will not ask for anything else.'
Then he will give covenants and promises to Allah and then Allah will bring him near to the gate of Paradise. When he stands at the gate of Paradise, Paradise will be opened and spread before him, and he will see its splendor and pleasures whereupon he will remain quiet as long as Allah will wish him to remain quiet, and then he will say, O my Lord! Admit me into Paradise.' Allah will say, 'Didn't you give your covenants and promises that you would not ask for anything more than what you had been given?' Allah will say, 'Woe on you, O Adam's son! How treacherous you are! '
The man will say, 'O my Lord! Do not make me the most miserable of Your creation,' and he will keep on invoking Allah till Allah will laugh because of his sayings, and when Allah will laugh because of him, He will say to him, 'Enter Paradise,' and when he will enter it, Allah will say to him, 'Wish for anything.' So he will ask his Lord, and he will wish for a great number of things, for Allah Himself will remind him to wish for certain things by saying, '(Wish for) so-and-so.' When there is nothing more to wish for, Allah will say, 'This is for you, and its equal (is for you) as well."
'Ata' bin Yazid added: Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri who was present with Abu Huraira, did not deny whatever the latter said, but when Abu Huraira said that Allah had said, "That is for you and its equal as well," Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri said, "And ten times as much, O Abu Huraira!" Abu Huraira said, "I do not remember, except his saying, 'That is for you and its equal as well.'" Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri then said, "I testify that I remember the Prophet saying, 'That is for you, and ten times as much.' ' Abu Huraira then added, "That man will be the last person of the people of Paradise to enter Paradise."
SOURCE:SAHIH BUKHARI VOL.9 NUMBER 532C.
DUA(SUPPLICATION):
Allah!LA ILAHA ILLA HUWA(none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
My Lord!inspire me and bestow upon me the power and ability that I may be grateful for your favours which you have bestowed on me and on my parents,and that I may do righteous good deeds that will please you,and admit me by Your Mercy among your righteous slaves.(27:19)supplication of Sulaiman(Solomon).
My dear brothers and sisters lets us remember our brothers and sisters

throughout the world in our Juma prayers today,especially the people of Pakistan who have been caught in the eye of the storm,and also our Afghan muslim brothers and sisters who will be directly affected by any military action when it starts.May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala continue to guide President Bush not to exercise the military option unless and until all other options have been exhausted and with conclusive evidence pointing to Osama bin Laden.Mr President in the words of a hadith "the strong is not one with strength,but one that exercises restraint when provoked"May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala endowned president Bush with the Wisdom of Solomon in his greatest hour of need/help.Al fatihah.Amin.

Spread the Message of Allah
With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .. Ameen