FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINA
(Friday, August 31, 2001)
ISLAMIC CIVILIZATION ENDURING,
IMPART NOBLE GOALS OF EDUCATION TO YOUNG MUSLIMS
The Imams and Khateebs of the Two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madina called on Muslims to be pious, have faith in God Almighty, abide by bounds set by Him and disseminate Islamic knowledge which is a vital step in the realization of all the noble goals of education and learning.
IN MAKKAH
The Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah Sheikh Dr. Salih Bin Abdullah Bin Humeid in his Friday Sermon this week (August 31, 2001) said that other human civilization move in cycles that start with growth. This growth reaches a high point of flourishing and then begins a process of decline and vanishes except the Islamic civilization, which continues to rise steadily, and never recedes or declines, as it possesses an intrinsic mechanism and power of continuity. It is a civilization of perfect religious faith and total adherence to it.
Sheikh Humeid said so long as the Muslim Ummah remains committed to its religion and firm faith in Allah, its civilization shall continue to progress steadfastly without weakens or decline under all circumstances and changes.
Stressing that education and learning are guided by the totality of the Ummah’s creed and mission, he said that the educational process in Islam is not left t personal judgment or to the discretion of those fond of adopting queer ideas that are alien to Islamic principles.
It is the garb of the Ummah that reflects its true nature and genuine characteristic. It embodies its deeply felt creed, the language that articulates its cultural heritage, its lofty ideals and the history it jealously guards.
He concluded by saying that the Islamic Ummah needs an educational system and policy that suits its nature, and conforms to its ideals, noble creed and Shariah, and its spirit of Jihad so that it restores its power and glory.
IN MADINA
In Madina, the Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet’s Mosque Sheikh Hussein Al Sheikh in his Friday Sermon said that knowledge and learning in Islam enjoy a high status.
Call to knowledge and education encompasses every person and covers all aspects of life. Knowledge improves the lives of individuals and societies in this world and leads man on to the righteous path of Al-Jannah in the Hereafter.
He said learning and education of all types and manners are the major tools of raising generations who believe in the values and principles of the Ummah. They are the vehicles by means of which the whole society achieves progress. “Our religion advocates the acquisition of knowledge and learning that supplies the individual and society with everything useful for development in accordance with the will of God Almighty,” he remarked.
Al Sheikh advised educators and teachers to impart the noble goals of education to young Muslims, making all efforts to implant in their hearts genuine love and loyalty to Islam and the Prophet of Islam (Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam).
They should uncover the true facts of the religious faith and direct the young ones to adhere to Islamic morals, he said pointing out that he best of all work it is the study of the Qur’an and the Prophet’s(Sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam) Hadith (traditions), his life history, noble character and lofty attributes.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

The Holy Qur’an Surah 18(AL-KAHF):Ayat32-44:
THE PARABLE OF PRIDE AND SUBMISSION.

018.032:

YUSUFALI: Set forth to them the parable of two men: for one of them We provided two gardens of grape-vines and surrounded them with date palms; in between the two We placed corn-fields.

018.033
YUSUFALI: Each of those gardens brought forth its produce, and failed not in the least therein: in the midst of them We caused a river to flow.
018.034
YUSUFALI: (Abundant) was the produce this man had : he said to his companion, in the course of a mutual argument: "more wealth have I than you, and more honour and power in (my following of) men."
018.035
YUSUFALI: He went into his garden in a state (of mind) unjust to his soul: He said, "I deem not that this will ever perish,
018.036
YUSUFALI: "Nor do I deem that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) come: Even if I am brought back to my Lord, I shall surely find (there) something better in exchange."
018.037
YUSUFALI: His companion said to him, in the course of the argument with him: "Dost thou deny Him Who created thee out of dust, then out of a sperm-drop, then fashioned thee into a man?
018.038
YUSUFALI: "But (I think) for my part that He is Allah, My Lord, and none shall I associate with my Lord.
018.039
YUSUFALI: "Why didst thou not, as thou wentest into thy garden, say: 'Allah's will (be done)! There is no power but with Allah!' If thou dost see me less than thee in wealth and sons,
018.040
YUSUFALI: "It may be that my Lord will give me something better than thy garden, and that He will send on thy garden thunderbolts (by way of reckoning) from heaven, making it (but) slippery sand!-
018.041
YUSUFALI: "Or the water of the garden will run off underground so that thou wilt never be able to find it."
018.042
YUSUFALI: So his fruits (and enjoyment) were encompassed (with ruin), and he remained twisting and turning his hands over what he had spent on his property, which had (now) tumbled to pieces to its very foundations, and he could only say, "Woe is me! Would I had never ascribed partners to my Lord and Cherisher!"
018.043
YUSUFALI: Nor had he numbers to help him against Allah, nor was he able to deliver himself.
018.044
YUSUFALI: There, the (only) protection comes from Allah, the True One. He is the Best to reward, and the Best to give success.
COMMENTARY OF THE ABOVE BY YUSUF ALI:
1.Here is a simple parable of the contrast between two men.One was purse-proud,and forgot that what he had was from God,by way of trust and a trial in this life.The other boasted of nothing:his trust was in God.The worldly wealth of the first was destroyed, and he had nothing left.The second was the happier in the end.
2.The two men began to compare notes.The arrogant one was puffed up with his possessions,his income, andhis large family and following,and thought in his self-complacency that it would last for ever.He was also wrong in looking down on his Companion,who,though less affluent was the better man of the two.
3.It was not wealth that ruined him,but the attitude of his mind.He was unjust,not so much to his neighbour,as to his own soul.In his love of the material,he forgot or openly defied the spirtual.As versed 37 shows,he took his companion with him to impress him with his own importance,but the companion was unmoved.
4.Here comes out the grasping spirit of the materialist.In his mind "better" means more wealth and more power,of the kind he was enjoying in this life,although in reality,even what he had,rested on hallow foundations and was doomed to perish and bring him down with it.
HADITH:
HOW THE SALAM(GREETING) BEGAN:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam in his complete shape and form (directly), sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and form of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."
SOURCE:SAHIH AL-BUKHARI, VOL.8 HADITH 246.
SEE ALSO HOLY QURAN SURAH 4:(AN-NISA):AYAH 86.

DUA(PRAYER) :

Glory to Allah! And praise is to him.
There is no god but Allah! Alone, he has no partner. His is dominion, his is praise, and he is capable of all things.
I celebrate the glory of Allah and His praise by the vastness of His creation, by His pleasure, by the splendor of His throne, and by the totality of his word.
I Seek the forgiveness of Allah and repent to him.
I Seek refuge in the totality of the word of Allah from the evil of creation.
Oh Allah! We ask for your peace and blessings upon our prophet Mohammed.
With your name my lord, I lay myself down; and with your name I rise, and if my soul you take, have mercy on it, and if you send it back then preserve it as you preserve your righteous slaves.
Oh Allah! Save me from your punishment on the day of tour slaves' rising.
Oh Allah! You have created my soul and you take it back, you bring it life. If you sustain in then forgive it. Oh Allah, I ask you for strength.
In your name, Oh Allah, I live and I die.
Glory to Allah, praise to Allah, Allah is most great.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the Day of Judgment.
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
Show us the straight way,
The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray. Ameen.

Spread the Message of Allah

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .. Ameen