Greetings: While I am aware of the current ban on Hasanatou Barry by the Managers, I hope it would not be considered a 'faux pas' on my part by forwarding the message below from her. At the time the mgrs were probably deliberating on what action to take I was involved in trying privately to bring sanity back to our discussions. Perhaps this apology of hers may weigh in on the decision of the managers to reconsider lifting the ban on her, after all, there have not been many instances where an offender turns around in a day or two to publicly apologize for his/her conduct.

Latjor

+++++++++++++

Mr. Ndow,
Kindly forward this mail for me.

I am hereby apologising for losing my temper and allowing my emotions get a better part of me. I never intended to go that far, but as the saying goes 'you cannot sit on you emotions at times'. And Yesterday i definitely could not simply sit on mine. After Allah and the Prophet(SAW), our parents are our most cherished. An Uncle is no exception! For it is said in the holy verses that on The Day of Judgement only your uncle would be there for you. Mothers and Fathers are running to save themselves, but your uncle will hold your hand and be there for you. I respect my Uncle like i respect my Parents. And it hurts to read some of the unjust things that others write on him. Yes, he is a political figure, but that does not warrant all these fabrications to discredit him. Anyway, this is not a sermon. It is the apology i owe the decent subscribers to this list. To them i say I AM SORRY!
On a personal note: I am Hasanatou Barry, daughter of Alhaji Bubacarr Barry and Mariama Juldeh Sowe, Latrikunda Jiri Nganya. I am attending The Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, and naturally, i am staying with my Aunty. I was in the Gambia last week. When i wrote that i was with my uncle, it is true. Infact we were chatting in his office when Bakary Kanteh of Nawec called him on the phone. I believe it is the same Bakary Kanteh(BMK) on Gambia-L. The last time Aunty Jai was in the Gambia was in Dec. 1999.
Once again  i am sorry.
Regretfully,
Hasatou.

Africafest, Inc.