In his repudiation of PDOIS' social work and agricultural efforts, my dear Hamza has referred to an obscure report on Gambia's Urbanisation as the nullifier of PDOIS' efforts.

First, as I will do from now onward, let me put Hamjatta's literary sojourns into perspective. Hamjatta is fixed on discrediting PDOIS because of the latter's recognition of Hamza's exclusively personal investments in a UDP/ppp victory, and his pride and belief in the "sanctity" of his wishfully wise counsel for the basis of a coalition.

Whatever report Hamza worships, must have been commissioned by someone or some organization and therefore must have an objective. We would be delighted to know who commissioned this report, and what were its objectives. Did the report explain whether their view of Gambia's increasing urbanisation precludes agricultural productivity or the maintenance of horticultural Gardens? Did the report indicate that Gambia's urbanisation is a new phenomenon and that it is different from that of Senegal, South Africa, the UK, the US, Malaysia, Israel, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, or Ghana?

Urbanisation is a global phenomenon. The degree to which a milieu urbanises and the policy governing the urbanisation is what encourages or discourages productivity. Cities are laid out in grids to facilitate movement of people, goods, and emergency services. Utilities and water and sewerage follow similar grids. It would seem elementary that anyone can have squatter camps whose inhabitants grope for unavailable employment preying on each other for sustenance in a lawless environment. What government or nation will allow arable land to be concretized and depend on food aid and food imports for her citizens' daily bread? What commodity or gem will Gambia therefore export to earn the revenue which forms the basis for credit in the macro-economic world or creation of industry for those banlieusards? I reckon your beef is with APRC and not PDOIS. Hai's about it?

In your narratives, Hamjatta, you fail to pause and reflect on the value of your commentary. You have allowed yourself to be spoon-fed by reports, prose and poetry, without the requisite analysis and proper assignment of the merits of fathoms of otherwise valuable information. I understand your escapades are political in nature but you must know that all politics is local and all macro-economic theories are extensions of micro-economic realities and a productive society. Do you prescribe that all these dwellers of Gambia's urbania sell poetry and prose for existential living to feed their families and trade their linguistic ware for durables and heavy industry? I suggest you build schools of prose and poetry first so they could refine their skills fain be competition of shakespaerean lore.

A nation that does not produce will forever remain indebted and slaves to other nations.

I suppose you will now cry misinterpretation and suggest that you are not discouraging agricultural productivity for otherwise squatter camps and that you just think PDOIS' approach to collective horticulture gardens is useless in an increasingly "urban" Gambia. What then may I ask is preventing you or UDP/ppp to engage in useful, and productive work if only for yourselves? You will have aided immensely in PDOIS' principles of self-reliance and participatory economics. What about PDOIS' plans for well-managed, replenishable fisheries or environmental economics? Potable water and roads? Solar/Wind/ and Bioenergy? What about using Gambia's apparent lightening-speed urbanisation as an opportunity to engage in secondary and tertiary manufacturing and assembly like Taiwan, China, Indonesia, and Hongkong? How about further processing the produce of the horticultural gardens? Did you fall off a turnip truck? Cat got your tongue? How about you offer alternatives of the UDP/ppp for a change and quit wasting valuable time in your nightmares of a PDOIS' government? If you do not lay proper foundations for your life and future relations, you will forever be jumpy about your nightmares ahauntin. Beware the ides of OCTOBERFEST. Be a useful participant to this valuable maelstrom.

Oh by the way, I join you in contempt for Sarjo Jallow's spineless abandon of DUMO. There must be no excuse for his continued abetting of Dumo's illegal and continued incarceration even for selfish considerations. I would have resigned and sought work elsewhere to feed my family as seemingly endowed as Sarjo appears to be. So we don't want to hear about the powers as minister. I commend Jainaba/Hasanatou for apologizing for using profanity and I hope you and Dampha accept her apologies.

Cheers!!
Haruna.

I will be nice and wait patiently for Buharry to respond to your other trivialties.or