INNAL INSAANA LAFEE KHUSRIN...(certainly,Man is in loss,except those who believe and do good deeds).Surah Al-ASR(103).

FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, October 19, 2001)
NO DICHOTOMY BETWEEN SCIENCE AND RELIGION;
SUPPLICATIONS PREVENT MISFORTUNE AND DISTRESS
IN MAKKAH
The Imams and Khateebs of the two Holy Mosques in Makkah and Madinah in their Friday Sermon this week (October 19, 2001) urged Muslims to be pious followers of the Faith and seek Allah’s favors through worship and re­frain from anything that harms Islam and Muslims.
Sheikh Dr Osama Bin Abdullah Khayat, Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah, in his Friday Sermon said at times of confusion, chaos, and prevalence of enmity and injustice people go astray and make outrageous statements and erroneous judgements and spread rumors every­where without proof or consideration. The outcome of that is clear injustice, and wrong heedless acts that cannot be condoned.
He said the true religious faith is the one in which God Almighty has placed the perfect foundation of noble civili­zation that ensures the happiness of people, individually and collectively.
The Islamic civilization has clearly shown its useful effects, beautiful face, and noble goals. The sublime cultural characteristics of this religion are evident in its foundations and principles which are there for anybody to see, he noted.
Sheikh Khayat stated that there is no dichotomy in the Islamic civilization between religion and science as true science backs up the revealed faith in the guidance of man to the right path.
IN MADINA
For his part, Sheikh Abdul Muhsin Al-Qasim in his Friday Sermon called on Muslims to invoke God’s blessings through constant supplication, and said supplication is a sign of servitude to God Almighty who likes His slaves to ask Him all their needs.
Supplication is also a characteristic of prophets. It is a source of hope and delight, and an absolutely easy worship unconfined by either place, time or condition. Supplication can be done at day and night, in travel or stay, he said.
Sheikh Abdul Muhsin stated that supplication can benefit the living as well as the dead. It dispels calamity by the Grace of God and prevents misfor­tune and distress. It is a weapon of the faithful against tribulation and afflic­tion. A Muslim’s supplication to his Bountiful Lord is answered sooner or later, he added.
THE HOLY QURAN SAYS:SURAH AL-HAJJ(22)VERSE 78:
And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!
See hadith Nos 3 & 5 below:
See also surah 2.143.
HADITH:
1.Volume 1, Book 1, Number 3:
Narrated 'Aisha(RA):
(the mother of the faithful believers) The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright day light, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira where he used to worship (Allah alone) continuously for many days before his desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read.
The Prophet added, "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, 'I do not know how to read.' Thereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, 'I do not know how to read (or what shall I read)?' Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said, 'Read in the name of your Lord, who has created (all that exists) has created man from a clot. Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous." (See Surah:96.1, 96.2, 96.3) Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration and with his heart beating severely. Then he went to Khadija bint Khuwailid and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and after that he told her everything that had happened and said, "I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija replied, "Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your Kith and kin, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guests generously and assist the deserving calamity-afflicted ones."
Khadija then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian and used to write the writing with Hebrew letters. He would write from the Gospel in Hebrew as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while.
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation reporting the speech of the Prophet "While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel who had visited me at the cave of Hira' sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got afraid of him and came back home and said, 'Wrap me (in blankets).' And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of Quran):
'O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!' Arise and warn (the people against Allah's Punishment),... up to 'and desert the idols.' (74.1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly."
2.Volume 1, Book 2, Number 7:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar(RA):
Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):

1. To testify that "la ilaha illallah wa anna Muhammad-ur-Rusul Allah"(none has the right to  worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle).

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and
perfectly.One must offer the salat as the Prophet(phub)used to offer
them with all their rules and regulations.(see Sahih Al-Bukhari vol.
1 hadith number 604 and vol.9 hadith number 352.For the
characteristics of the prayer of the Prophet[See Sahih Al-bukhari
vol.1 hadith number 702,703,704,723,786,787].
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity).A certain fixed proportion of
the wealth and of every kind of the property liable to zakat of a
muslim to be paid yearly for the benefit of the poor in the Muslim
Community.the payment of zakat is obligatory as it is one of the
five pillar of Islam.Zakat is the major economic means for
establishing social justice and leading the Muslim society to
prosperity and security.[see Sahih Al-bukhari vol.2 book of zakat
hadith number 24] See surah 2 verse 3.
4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)
5. To observe Saum(fast)during the month of Ramadan.
3.Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38:
Narrated Abu Huraira(RA):
The Prophet said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).
See also surah 22.78.
4.Volume 1, Book 2, Number 33:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr(RA):
The Prophet said, "Whoever has the following four (characteristics) will be a pure hypocrite and whoever has one of the following four characteristics will have one characteristic of hypocrisy unless and until he gives it up.
1. Whenever he is entrusted, he betrays.
2. Whenever he speaks, he tells a lie.
3. Whenever he makes a covenant, he proves treacherous.
4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil and insulting manner."
5.Volume 6, Book 60, Number 14:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri(RA):
Allah's Apostle said, "Noah will be called on the Day of Resurrection and he will say, 'Labbaik and Sa'daik, O my Lord!' Allah will say, 'Did you convey the Message?' Noah will say, 'Yes.' His nation will then be asked, 'Did he convey the Message to you?' They will say, 'No Warner came to us.' Then Allah will say (to Noah), 'Who will bear witness in your favor?' He will say, 'Muhammad and his followers. So they (i.e. Muslims) will testify that he conveyed the Message. And the Apostle (Muhammad) will be a witness over yourselves, and that is what is meant by the Statement of Allah "Thus We have made of you a just and the best nation that you may be witnesses over mankind and the Apostle (Muhammad) will be a witness over yourselves."
See also surah:2.143.
Du'a(Supplication) :
Allah. There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

AL-Fatiha.Ameen.

 SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF ALLAH.

With the very best of good wishes,
Musa Amadu Pembo
Glasgow,
Scotland
UK.
May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,guide us all to His Sirat Al-Mustaqim (Righteous Path).May He protect us from the evils of this life and the hereafter.May Allah,Subhana Wa Ta'Ala,grant us entrance to paradise .. Ameen